Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I have the LED on my wing mirrors. I believe it's part of the auto folding mirror option.

I have never seen these lit up ever. I have the light switch on auto and the courtesy lights setting on the OBC set.

Any ideas.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428849718.282388.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Could it a blind spot detector?

Reactions: Dizon248

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi all.

I have the LED on my wing mirrors. I believe it's part of the auto folding mirror option.

I have never seen these lit up ever. I have the light switch on auto and the courtesy lights setting on the OBC set.

Any ideas.

View attachment 57766

You have to have your blind spot option on for those to activate. It'll be solid when a car is next to you and if you try to use your blinker when it is on, it'll warn you by flashing.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could it a blind spot detector?
You have to have your blind spot option on for those to activate. It'll be solid when a car is next to you and if you try to use your blinker when it is on, it'll warn you by flashing.
Nope. It's definitely the comfort lighting LED's and not proximity sensors which I don't have.
You may not realize in the pic that the LED's are facing downwards.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
I've been curious how these look when it's twilight or dusk out. Lit, obviously. Would someone post a picture or two?

·
Registered
575 Posts
On my 981, if you have the headlights set to auto, and I believe have the setting box checked in the MFD, and mirrors not-folded. The lights will come on when you unlock the car.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On my 981, if you have the headlights set to auto, and I believe have the setting box checked in the MFD, and mirrors not-folded. The lights will come on when you unlock the car.
This may be the answer....
However the mirrors fold when you lock the car, so how do they stay unfolded?
Is there a setting? Why can't the two features coexist?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I tested this out. When the auto close option is enabled then the lights don't come on.
Only if the mirrors are kept unfolded does the lights work.

Weird that they can't coexist!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429300810.646938.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts