Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Group Buy Closes Mon 31st May2010

We are still receiving requests for all grilles, therfore please find below a further Group Buy.
Available for the following:
CaymanGen1, CaymanGen2, Boxster 986 &987 Carrera 996 (pre-facelift) 997 Gen1 New 996 Turbo/C4S now available

Thanks for the photo,above, SeaMover

For Photo's and details please look here:
Motordrive Seats CaymanClub Group Buys
Also Note as some of these Items are now "Stock Items" we will endeavour to ship on a rolling inventory. Therfore no need to wiat untill the end of the Group Buy
CaymanGen1 Fronts from £107.23 ($162) Rears from £75 ($113)

CaymanGen2 Fronts from £107.23 ($162)

Boxster 987 Fronts from£99 ($149)

Boxster 986 Fronts from£99 ($149)
997.1 Carerra Fronts from £110.33 ($167)

996Turbo/Carerra4S Fronts Price to be announced tomorrow 30April

NOW HOLDING STOCK OF
CAYMAN1 & CAYMAN2 IN BLACK & SILVER
987 BOXSTER IN BLACK
997.1 IN BLACK

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
An unsolicited endorsement.......I've had this product on my Cayman for quite a few months now and couldn't be happier. One of the more affordable and beneficial upgrades one can do. High quality and installs in minutes. Also easy to remove should you be so inclined.:banana:

·
Registered
502 Posts
An unsolicited endorsement.......I've had this product on my Cayman for quite a few months now and couldn't be happier. One of the more affordable and beneficial upgrades one can do. High quality and installs in minutes. Also easy to remove should you be so inclined.:banana:
I don't know much about them. How are they beneficial? Stopping a few rocks or just about looks?

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Not so much for looks because the Cayman and Boxster (all Porsches for that matter) fronts look just fine from the factory. If you haven't cleaned out behind those front grills yet you might want to because leaves, sticks, etc (I even had a dead bird end up there) will accumulate and block air cooling to the engine cooling radiators behind those grills. I've also read that a few folks have taken a rock hit that punctured one of those elements and it ends up as a deductible insurance claim with replacement costing about $1200. Bottom line is it's a small price to pay to not have to clean those areas regularly and to prevent more serious/expensive damage. And they look good too.

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
First of all thanks for your approval and endorsement Budman, glad you like the product.
We obviously wanted something that fits easy and quickly, looks good and does the job.
Well so far over 200 Planet-9 (CaymanClub) members agree and have had nothing but praise for the product...(which is nice)

I have some good shots of just how much S.H one. T. gets into the inlet area, below is an advert that we ran in 911&Porsche World in March this year, which shows the standard unprotected radiator in the centre.

(Also Note Ken the last line of the advert....pointing readers to the the Planet-9 website !!)

STOP PRESS
Just got the first photo's of the 996Turbo Grilles, so will post shortly

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok here we go, with the long awaited 996 Turbo Grilles

These are still the proto-types and are shown in silver so that they stand out for the photos.
The difficulties have been the raised nature of the inside edge of the existing grilles.
Getting round this has necessitated cutting the old plastic grilles out from the outside (therefore you still don't have to remove the bumper)

So who would like to be first ?????

·
Registered
151 Posts
Definitely interested. Can you briefly describe the installation process for the front grills? Looking at my car, I don't see an obvious way to do it.

I get lots of **** in my front grills, including cigarette butts, and my radiators have taken some small hits. Thanks for what looks like a fine solution.

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
Not so much for looks because the Cayman and Boxster (all Porsches for that matter) fronts look just fine from the factory. If you haven't cleaned out behind those front grills yet you might want to because leaves, sticks, etc (I even had a dead bird end up there) will accumulate and block air cooling to the engine cooling radiators behind those grills. I've also read that a few folks have taken a rock hit that punctured one of those elements and it ends up as a deductible insurance claim with replacement costing about $1200. Bottom line is it's a small price to pay to not have to clean those areas regularly and to prevent more serious/expensive damage. And they look good too.
+1. I got mine last season and they're great. Leaves and stuff get in the radiators and can cause rot. Everything gets in them and blocks air flow. These things really help. I got all three and wasn't using the center one, then I got a power steering cooler for that spot and I'm using it now...Great protection and easy to remove.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Any pics of the grill on the rear for Gen 2 ?

Thx

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Allan seems to have gone MIA again. No response to email, PM or charges showing for my order. Guess I'll have to try a phone call.

Ordering is simple enough. Click the group buy link at the bottom of his post, add what you want to the cart and check out. Of course I haven't a clue as to if/when they might ship.

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Hi Les, sorry for the delay, Yes I'm MIA again, the chance of 2 weeks in Skiathos Greece, came up, so sorry I'm on Vacation again ( I'm back in work on the 24th) and Yes, the manual will also fit the tip/3rd rad now as we have redesigned the centre grille)

To the other Guys apologies for not being available, but I promise I'll sort all when back in the office. or you can just mail Paul direct on [email protected] who can and will sort your orders
caymanthusiast, please give me something, a first name maybe, to tie your email to your address on the site as that would help me to know I've answered you.

BTW all standard Cayman1 (front and rears) Black and Silver- Cayman2 Front, Black and Silver- Boxster987 Outers in Black and Silver are in Stock so can ship Immediately as are 997.1 stuff
allan

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Definitely interested. Can you briefly describe the installation process for the front grills? Looking at my car, I don't see an obvious way to do it.

I get lots of **** in my front grills, including cigarette butts, and my radiators have taken some small hits. Thanks for what looks like a fine solution.

Dave
Dave email me your email address and I'll send you fitting instructions on my return home from Greece, but ask anybody on the site and I'm sure they'll all say how easy the fitting is !!
allan

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.