Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Awesome combination! I just sold my 2014 Cayman S (981) and I'm waiting eagerly for my new 2021 CGTS 4.0 to arrive. The sport headers and Valvetronic exhaust have 8900 miles on them. They are in excellent condition and have developed a beautiful copper patina over time. Neither of these ever saw rain or snow... the car was such a garage queen.

Too bad this system won't fit my new Cayman. But I'll be buying a new set when my 718 arrives... that's how much I liked this system. Contains a pair of high flow cats... and this baby can breathe. The open setting on the Valvetronic kept me happy when I drove the car... it really brings the sound to life. And my neighbors were happy when I pulled into the development because I could close the valves and sneak into my garage. Win-win! Oh, and those tips... black carbon fiber... really nice looking. My mechanic raves about this system every time he gets underneath my car... it looks so good.

The Fabspeed Valvetronic catback exhaust system sells for $3395 when new. I'll let this gently used system go for only $1995. Includes key fob, clamps, and vacuum system to open and close the values.

The sport headers sell for $3295 when new. I'll sell these for $1895. If you already have a catback exhaust you won't regret adding these headers to your system... they add a whole new dimension to your exhaust sound. Once again, those high flow cats really let the air flow well.

Do you have a 981 and want to make it sound unbelievable? Here's a great opportunity. If you purchase both the sport headers and the Valvetronic exhaust system I'll sell both for $3750. Heck, that's almost like buy 1 get 1 free if you were to buy these new. Buyer must pay for shipping and insurance. If you are within a reasonable driving distance we can try to meet up and save you some cash.

Here is what the Valvetronic looks like when installed:

Here is the actual Valvetronic you will receive:

Here is what the Sport Headers look like compared to stock:

Here are the actual Sport Headers you will receive:

Thank you!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Exhaust is sold, but the headers are still available.

$1695 for the headers. Buyer pays shipping and insurance.

·
Registered
2014 Cayman S
84 Posts
Exhaust is sold, but the headers are still available.

$1695 for the headers. Buyer pays shipping and insurance.
I see that your CS had PDK which are prone to have drone in 7th gear at low RPM and that Fabspeed claimed anti-drone technology in their Valvetronic exhaust that you just sold. Did you experience drone in either mode and if so how bad was it? I think most if not all aftermarket exhaust experience some drone especially with PDK. Thanks in advance for you review.
Jim

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the Fabspeed Tracktec exhaust with the sport headers first... and the drone was bad, in my opinion. I took my car back into their shop and they switched out the Tracktec for the Valvetronic. It was night and day. The drone was gone, but since I had the exhaust and the headers the system was pretty loud with the valves open... but it was a great sounding loud. ;)

·
Registered
2014 Cayman S
84 Posts
I had the Fabspeed Tracktec exhaust with the sport headers first... and the drone was bad, in my opinion. I took my car back into their shop and they switched out the Tracktec for the Valvetronic. It was night and day. The drone was gone, but since I had the exhaust and the headers the system was pretty loud with the valves open... but it was a great sounding loud. ;)
So fairly quite and no drone even in 7th gear with the flaps closed?? In the quiet mode could you take a road trip with your wife and not get divorced?😂
Jim

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With the flaps closed it was a little louder than stock. If I was in 2nd or 3rd going up a hill I might hear a little drone, but nothing that could not be fixed with a little throttle. Never took the Cayman on trips more than an hour. Wife thought exhaust was too loud. :oops:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Headers SOLD!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts