Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fabspeed Maxflo Sport Exhaust for 981 Cayman/Boxster

This Fabspeed Maxflo Exhaust is almost brand new with about 300 miles in the system. It is in great condition. It has ceramic satin black tips. It sounds great, lightens the car and add performance to the car for sure. I had to change this out for an exhaust that could be turned on and off. I am pricing this aggressively to sell fast. The retail cost of this system is over $2400.

List Date: 2/17/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Fabspeed Maxflo Sport Exhaust for 981 Cayman/Boxster
--------------------------------------
SOLD

--------------------------------------

·
Banned
548 Posts
Re: Fabspeed Maxflo Sport Exhaust for 981 Cayman/Boxster

I'm interested but having a little difficulty finding a shop that would install it for me. I just called my dealer and they quoted me $750 to install an aftermarket exhaust. Independent shops are saying $375-$450. All of that sounds high when I hear an exhaust can be installed in under 2 hours on these cars.

Couple questions... Do you happen to have a picture of the exhaust on the car? I'd like to see what the black tips look like on the car. Also, what would you charge to ship it to Houston, TX?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The standard cost for installation should be around $350. It takes 3-4 hours in total. You should get it installed at a quality autoshop that deals in high end sports cars. I am sure there are several in your area. The one I used here works mainly on GTRs but also works on Porsche and other sports cars. There is no need to go to the dealer on this as the installation is straightforward.

Unfortunately I do not have a picture of it on my car. But man take my word for it, it looked BAD ***. My Cayman is Agate Gray and the black set off well with the black diffuser lining on the back of the Cayman. If that is your blue Cayman in the pix (gorgeous! By the way) you back lining near the exhaust is likely black and this would go great with it.

The shipping should not be that much as it fits in a mid sized box fairly easily. I would expect no more than $50, I can get you an exact price if you would like.

·
Porsche Newbie
170 Posts

The standard cost for installation should be around $350. It takes 3-4 hours in total. You should get it installed at a quality autoshop that deals in high end sports cars. I am sure there are several in your area. The one I used here works mainly on GTRs but also works on Porsche and other sports cars. There is no need to go to the dealer on this as the installation is straightforward.

Unfortunately I do not have a picture of it on my car. But man take my word for it, it looked BAD ***. My Cayman is Agate Gray and the black set off well with the black diffuser lining on the back of the Cayman. If that is your blue Cayman in the pix (gorgeous! By the way) you back lining near the exhaust is likely black and this would go great with it.

The shipping should not be that much as it fits in a mid sized box fairly easily. I would expect no more than $50, I can get you an exact price if you would like.
Are you willing to sell without the tips? I just purchased a set of CF tips from Fabspeed.

·
Banned
548 Posts

$50 shipping sounds good, and yea, I get the impression that $375 is about the best I am going to do without doing it myself (which isn't possible). I'm gonna buy the exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts