Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
We have also tried a set of BMC drop-in air filters, that showed ZERO gain. P.S. The fabspeed manifolds showed a loss in power and torque between 1800 and 2800 rpm, but in my opinion this is a speed range that doesn't matter at all.
Hmm. I wonder how much variation there is in test data at low RPMs. The fabspeed charts do not show much of a drop off at low RPMs. The concern I have is driving around town - I'm would not be thrilled with having less HP for the majority of in-town driving. I realize this car is not optimized for scooting around town, but still, I'll spend more time doing that than on the track.

- GT4 delivery in June.

800 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Can you guys please clarify this once more for me? The GT450 package is essentially a straight pipe system with the O2 sensors plugging in at the end of the manifold, and this is no problem for emissions?? Is there confidence that the system will be stable like this (no CEL) for the long term? I'm no expert in emissions or pollution control, but in the old days inspection stations would look to see if your cats were installed and, if not, you failed. Currently in NC, they just plug into the OBD2 port.
View attachment 83586
At the time of our previous statement we had indeed experienced no CEl with that particular vehicle with Race Headers. Since that point in time we have installed several of these Race Headers and have had numerous clients install them as well. It seems to be just a matter of time before the CEL sets without the cats. This can be resolved via a custom protune using the Cobb Accessport, or you can try a set of O2 Spacers (results vary depending on sensitivity of the ECU).

800 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Do you know what impact installation of Fabspeeds performance products has on the Porsche warranty?
As a large amount of our authorized distributors of Fabspeed products actually happen to be Porsche dealerships, my response to that would be no impact to your warranty especially with simple exhaust upgrades. Please give me a call/PM/email with your vehicle information, products interested in, your location, and preferred installation facility. We will go over everything and make sure you are on the right track with enhancing your vehicle's driving experience while being warranty compliant :)

800 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
We offer a brushed finish (by request / slight upcharge) for those looking for a stylish alternative to our polished finish. Let me know if you're interested!

800 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Had a fellow performance shop in Colorado install our GT4/Spyder Sport Headers and Race Headers recently. They are performing exceptionally well even in the higher altitudes :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Had a fellow performance shop in Colorado install our GT4/Spyder Sport Headers and Race Headers recently. They are performing exceptionally well even in the higher altitudes :)
-

Wow-nice performance gains! I wish I had been able to dyno mine before/after.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts