Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past week we had the pleasure of having fellow Rennlister Ray (realdrray) stop by our shop to have a full performance package installed, but he had some other goals to meet other than maximizing power and sound with our GT450 package. These goals were to maintain a more street friendly configuration in regards to emissions compliance and overall interior/exterior sound level with valves open and closed, as well as the installation of a quality harness bar for safety on the track. We therefore opted to replace our Race Headers with our Sport Headers to accomplish these goals, and I worked with BBI to get him setup with their GT4 harness bar powder coated in white to match his car.

I am happy to say that we hit the nail on the head! For those wanting Sport Headers over the Race Headers with our GT450 package, we are now going to offer this configuration as the GT420 package (to be live on our website early next week). Without further delay, here is a breakdown of the package with the dyno results, followed by some pictures myself and our marketing team took (pardon my poor quality cell phone pictures). No videos yet as we ran out of time while developing a set of GT4 wing risers. Ray should be chiming in with a review for you guys and stopping by in a few weeks, so we should be able to get some videos then. I did include a link to a video of his full exhaust system in action on another GT4 we had in for reference.

The Fabspeed GT420 Performance Package Includes:

Porsche GT4/Spyder Sport Headers

Porsche GT4/Spyder Valvetronic Exhaust System with Carbon Fiber Tips

Porsche GT4/Spyder IPD Plenum/82mm Throttle Body Package

Porsche GT4/Spyder BMC Filters

Porsche GT4/Spyder Cobb Accessport with Protune

Our GT420 Package targets the low-mid range performance dip from factory with an incredible 57wtq and 38wtq at 3500rpm!

Best License Plate Ever!

Factory exhaust removed

Layout of the factory exhaust system

Factory headers, please take note of the terribly restrictive design of the primary tube piping and size of the cats

Top view of the restrictive factory headers

Bottom view of the restrictive factory headers

Fabspeed Sport Headers installed

Full Fabspeed system installed (front view)

Full Fabspeed system installed with optional Brushed Single Wall Tips

Here is the beginning stages of the installing the SUPERBLY built BBI harness bar. Huge kudos to them for making this quality safety solution for the GT4 community!

Interior stripped down for the harness bar. Hello IPD plenum ;)

P/S rear mounting point installed

D/S rear mounting point installed

BBI harness bar installed and looking great!

Close up of BBI harness bar interior

The BBI harness bar powdercoated white is a perfect compliment to Ray's interior/exterior options on the GT4

Ray requested us to take a look at his current aftermarket wing risers (pictured here) for improvement while at our facility. We dove headfirst into the project, and come up with the following development set. They are currently still in development, but here are some teasers of what we came up with

Factory vs Fabspeed Wing Risers

Perfect height to provide the driver with a clear rear view

Overall height and angle of the wing optimized for additional rear downforce

Countersunk bolt holes for flush, reliable fitment

More aggressive look from all angels

Follows factory wing riser design

Fabspeed's Spirit Animal

I'm visualizing a nice Martini wrap, how about you?

For any inquiries or questions feel free to shoot me a PM, email or give me a call at 215 646 4945 (just ask for John Gaydos). I look forward to working with you :cheers:

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Looks like someone copied Radonculous's tire markings :) See: http://www.planet-9.com/981-chat/143041-painting-customizing-tire-emblems-diy.html

BTW, while the harness/rollbar looks nice, I hate that it takes away a couple of inches of seat travel, not that *I* need it personally, but sometimes I have tall passengers. I also dislike cutting up interior plastic bits, but that's just me. If you have detailed photos of how the hatch interior parts come out, for example in what order, using what tools, where clips are, etc. that would be a GREAT article/information to share with our members.

BTW this isn't rennlist. :hilarious:

·
Registered
33 Posts
WOW!!!! I think i'm going to have to give you guys a call when i am back in town
those wing risers :dance:

800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like someone copied Radonculous's tire markings :) See: http://www.planet-9.com/981-chat/143041-painting-customizing-tire-emblems-diy.html

BTW, while the harness/rollbar looks nice, I hate that it takes away a couple of inches of seat travel, not that *I* need it personally, but sometimes I have tall passengers. I also dislike cutting up interior plastic bits, but that's just me. If you have detailed photos of how the hatch interior parts come out, for example in what order, using what tools, where clips are, etc. that would be a GREAT article/information to share with our members.

BTW this isn't rennlist. :hilarious:
Small sacrifices to be made for safety :) A hundred or so dollars for interior plastics is small price to pay in the rare event that you (or somewhere near you) isn't Aryton Senna and end up hitting the wall. For that matter, Senna had plenty of "incidents" as well haha. As for the documentation, Jerry at BBI is extremely helpful and would be happy to put that together. As we were hustling and bustling through the job we didn't have the time to document and write up an installation guide i'm sorry to say.

Lol, yes I know this isn't Rennlist although myself and others are Rennlist members and Ray isn't on Planet 9 so I figured i'd mention it...:banana:

WOW!!!! I think i'm going to have to give you guys a call when i am back in town
The wing risers are confirmed and ready for sale at $495 a set with hardware. Haven't made it up on the website yet and won't be for a few days at least, but give me a call and i'll take your order directly so we can get a set on the fabrication list for you :)

800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're still interested in those wing risers give me a shout! Can't seem to shoot you a PM haha.

GT420 packages are now down to a 2 weeks lead time, if anyone is interested or has any questions give me a shout! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts