Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Fabspeed vs Soul Performance headers

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  FlatSickx 
#1 ·
This topic has been discussed at length on several threads both here(mostly on 911 threads). What I'm hoping to get feedback on is: Which header runner configuration gives the best performance? If you look at a picture of Fabspeed's Sport header and Soulperformance Long Tube header there is a considerable difference in the configuration/design of the runners. Which gives you the best bang for your buck? TIA dlb Tried to post the pics but I'm doing something wrong
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fabspeed-Po...sAAOSwk8ReoA0s

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Soul-Perfor...8AAOSwcXVZ-ThR

#2 ·
We haven't dyno tested Fabspeed but we have tested Soul's catted header and found great gains. Soul's longer primaries should help produce more torque.

#3 ·
I have not compared the two, but I have Soul Performance Street Headers with 200 cell cats on a 2015 CS. I also have PSE and the combo is amazing. It sounds crazy when I'm driving up in the mountains and in Sport + it will raise the hairs on the back of your neck. It sounds that good. Also, my mechanic who is a former Porsche mechanic at a dealer in the Atlanta area says every time that my headers look so much better than brand x. The best part is no CEL and it passes emissions with no problem. The vacuum line came loose about a year ago and the valves stayed wide-open all the time. It was too much and it caused an error message on the dash too. The one thing about PSE is the valves are not always wide-open even when PSE is engaged.

As far as performance, I don't have dyno results, but it has noticeably more power. A lot of times, I spend a lot of money on something and I'm disappointed. But this is one thing that did not disappoint me. I say this because I also have PSE and if you only have standard exhaust, you'll have more power, but you won't have that extra hair raising exhaust note.

#5 ·
I was referring to adding headers to the standard exhaust. That will increase HP. PSE does not add power, but it sure sounds good. Especially with my headers. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.