Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
They're still there. Use tHe link on the first post, then select electrical equipment on the left hand side of the page under Tuning, then tuning in the sub menu, then Instrument / Cluster, and it will take you to the correct page.

·
Need 4 Speed
175 Posts
Yes a new cluster would need programming at a dealer or soemone with the correct tool.

Did you not order new dials in the end then?
I ended up ordering a custom gauge face from FVD after considering replacing the entire cluster. The problem I found with replacing the cluster with a used one was that no dealer would re-adjust the mileage to match my car's mileage. I would be stuck with a gauge that showed higher mileage. The person who was selling it told me that he could adjust it to match my mileage for additional $250.00. Not sure how legal that would have been. I did find many places in UK where they will adjust the mileage.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What a great write up, thanks so much! I just bought a 2011 Cayman S. I'm in Canada, and the car is an ex-USA car so it has the speedo in Mph. I ordered a new gauge face with Kph, and I'm looking forward to swapping it over. Then I can go 300 instead of just 190!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts