Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Anyone done a factory collection? What was it like? What do you get for the money?

Also, how/when did you pay for the car? Did you have to pay up before you went to the factory? Or pay at the factory? Or when you got the car back to the OPC for the PDI?

If you paid up front did you have any concerns about redress and did you have any issues with the car when you picked it up?

Many Thanks

Cuch

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Hello

Anyone done a factory collection? What was it like? What do you get for the money?

Also, how/when did you pay for the car? Did you have to pay up before you went to the factory? Or pay at the factory? Or when you got the car back to the OPC for the PDI?

If you paid up front did you have any concerns about redress and did you have any issues with the car when you picked it up?

Many Thanks

Cuch
This should answer few things

Planet-9 - FAQ

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent start!

Many Thanks :cheers:

[Now how to convince the wife that I should buy new?? :helpme: ]

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! Those threads by Gator Bite were most excellent! :thanks:

Has no one from the UK done a factory pick up?

Still working on the wife, but while living in hope have come up with the following spec. Any thoughts?

Cayman S
Macadamia Metallic
19 inch SportDesign Wheel
Wheel centre set
Wheel spacers 5 mm
Sport Seats leather and leather Interior
Black Leather Interior
Bi-Xenon lighting system with Dynamic cornering lights
Park Assist
Rear Wiper
Top Tinted Windscreen
Auto Dimming Mirrors
Porsche Doppelkupplung - PDK
PASM
LSD
Sport Chrono Package Plus
Sports exhaust system
Fully automatic climate control
Fire extinguisher
Floor Mats
LED door-pocket lighting
Heated seats
Door entry guards in stainless steel
Universal audio interface
BOSE® Surround Sound System incl. CD storage box
Preparation for mobile phone
PCM 3.0 including extended navigation module
Six disc CD/DVD autochanger
Tracker
Factory collection

TIA

Cuch

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Wow! Those threads by Gator Bite were most excellent! :thanks:

Has no one from the UK done a factory pick up?

Still working on the wife, but while living in hope have come up with the following spec. Any thoughts?

Cayman S
Macadamia Metallic
19 inch SportDesign Wheel
Wheel centre set
Wheel spacers 5 mm
Sport Seats leather and leather Interior
Black Leather Interior
Bi-Xenon lighting system with Dynamic cornering lights
Park Assist
Rear Wiper
Top Tinted Windscreen
Auto Dimming Mirrors
Porsche Doppelkupplung - PDK
PASM
LSD
Sport Chrono Package Plus
Sports exhaust system
Fully automatic climate control
Fire extinguisher
Floor Mats
LED door-pocket lighting
Heated seats
Door entry guards in stainless steel
Universal audio interface
BOSE® Surround Sound System incl. CD storage box
Preparation for mobile phone
PCM 3.0 including extended navigation module
Six disc CD/DVD autochanger
Tracker
Factory collection

TIA

Cuch
Loaded......nice..haven't seen Mac/Black in person but Sand Beige looks cool...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Black and Silver seems to be the most common over in the London with the occasional Blue.

Not sure how well White will age and I do not want a solid colour. That kind of narrows down the colour options a bit.

Have tried playing with the Porsche car builder application but it sucks beyond any application I have had the misfortune to use :eek:

Have considered the Green but its so hard to tell from the websites if it will look any good. So still not set on the final colour yet! :helpme:

Well, it looks like the Wife is on board with getting the car! :kiss: But she has stated a cut off price. Lets hope the OPC can work with it :naughty:

BTW, Any "must have" options I have missed that I should consider adding? Also any options that are really not worth the money that I should consider removing to bring it under budget?

Am not looking for an out and out track-day tool. But at the same time don't just want a boulevard cruiser either. Am coming from a 400 bhp "extreme" sports car that has a reputation for biting you in the *** and in the wallet. So am hoping to get the spec right to so that the CS will still give me a similar sense of occasion without pounding my kidneys and spine when driving the pothole rutted roads of London and still be able to keep up (kind of) with the other cars I hoon with. :gossip: :cheers: :beer: ;)

Thoughts?

:thanks:

Cuch

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Do lots reading here and see what most say are "musts" everyone has their own aquired tastes, read some old posts and such, lots of info around. Sounds like you got a good start on things...:cheers:

·
Registered
882 Posts
There have been several articles in Porsche Panorama, the Porsche Club of America, magazine on factory pickups. A well written recent one was of a 2010 GT3 pickup and wonderful tour plus driving in Germany and on the Nurburgring. Ed

·
Registered
115 Posts
"Have considered the Green but its so hard to tell from the websites if it will look any good. So still not set on the final colour yet! "

I saw a Malachite Green Metallic at a Las Vegas dealership last August. It was GORGEOUS! The sand beige interior looked good but cocoa brown would work well too...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There have been several articles in Porsche Panorama, the Porsche Club of America, magazine on factory pickups. A well written recent one was of a 2010 GT3 pickup and wonderful tour plus driving in Germany and on the Nurburgring. Ed
Cannot see them on their website. Do you know if anyonen has scanned them in and hosted them somewhere?

TIA

Cuch

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"Have considered the Green but its so hard to tell from the websites if it will look any good. So still not set on the final colour yet! "

I saw a Malachite Green Metallic at a Las Vegas dealership last August. It was GORGEOUS! The sand beige interior looked good but cocoa brown would work well too...
Wife was not too keen on any of the Greens. So have settled for the Macadamia.

The Sand Beige was way too sandy, felt thirsty just looking at it! :hilarious:

So have settled on the black leather interior, but have gone for dark grey carpets to lift things up a little.

God, I hope the colour combos work out!! :eek:

Cuch

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I know a 997 Turbo owner who enjoyed the experience and made a bit of a holiday out of the trip.

Collection used to be free with a UK Mercedes.

:confused:
Collection is still free with Mercedes!!

Picking upa C63 Estate in March :dance::dance: :taunt::taunt:

.........for FREE!! (Not the car, unfortunately, but the Affalterbach collection :p) )

·
Caymaniac
5,655 Posts
[Now how to convince the wife that I should buy new?? :helpme: ]
Safety.

"The thing about a used Porsche, honey, is that quite a few of the ones offered for sale as "used" have been driven on race tracks. You just can't be sure how hard the car has been driven. I'd never be able to forgive myself if something were to happen to you because I put you in a dangerous, used car."

Value.

"It is actually cheaper in the long run to buy a new Porsche." (See above)

Holiday.

She wants one, doesn't she? (pick it up in Germany...buy a cuckoo-clock, dress in lederhosen, drink beer...you know, all of the really important cultural stuff)

(replace "honey" with "muffy", "chittles", "love", "schmoopy" or whatever the current term of endearment is in the UK)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Safety.

"The thing about a used Porsche, honey, is that quite a few of the ones offered for sale as "used" have been driven on race tracks. You just can't be sure how hard the car has been driven. I'd never be able to forgive myself if something were to happen to you because I put you in a dangerous, used car."

Value.

"It is actually cheaper in the long run to buy a new Porsche." (See above)

Holiday.

She wants one, doesn't she? (pick it up in Germany...buy a cuckoo-clock, dress in lederhosen, drink beer...you know, all of the really important cultural stuff)

(replace "honey" with "muffy", "chittles", "love", "schmoopy" or whatever the current term of endearment is in the UK)
I usually find calling her "Wench" gets the required reaction! ;)

The problem is that she drives a (alleged) 400 bhp sports car that has no ABS, PSM of any kind and no air bags; basically NO safety aids. So to her the CS is a bit of a "girl's car" :eek:

Well, she eventually gave the go-a-head so we wondered down to the local OPC on Sat and placed an order for pick-up on March. Unfortunately its a bit complicated due to the VAT (sales tax) going up in Jan also the px on the scrapper being a bit of a quesiton. Have paid the build slot deposit and the sales guy said he would get back to me on Monday with confirmation on the deal. Its now Wed and still no feed back from the OPC :(

Oh well, just have to wait and see .... :sleep:

I want my car NOW dammit! :banana:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts