Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after reading about this issue my headliner in my 14CS has falling. After being in the garage for about 10 straight days under blistering heat we are having here in Mew Orleans, waiting for the roofers to finish installing a new roof on my house the headliner has fell. I was finally able to get into my car last night when I notice the liner has falling on both sides.
While waiting to bring it in for service oil change and reset the internal service message, the dealer tells me they are about 8 weeks behind and will call when my name comes up.
Well not my warranty has expired!!! Any ideas???

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Well after reading about this issue my headliner in my 14CS has falling. After being in the garage for about 10 straight days under blistering heat we are having here in Mew Orleans, waiting for the roofers to finish installing a new roof on my house the headliner has fell. I was finally able to get into my car last night when I notice the liner has falling on both sides.
While waiting to bring it in for service oil change and reset the internal service message, the dealer tells me they are about 8 weeks behind and will call when my name comes up.
You need to find a reputable shop, other than the dealer, for your regular maintenance. Then find an auto upholstery shop for the headliner. Local Porsche enthusiasts or club members are a gold mine of recommendations. I have found that dealers regularly charge on average, about 50% more than alternative service suppliers. When my headliner fell, I'm in Naples, Florida, I was readily able to get 4 different replacement quotes, all within easy driving distance, and all with reasonable scheduling lead time of a few days. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
981CaymanS
648 Posts
+ 1 on what Budman said..

A few years ago the headliner on my 987CS failed and I found a reputable upholster that replaced the OEM and I choose to do it in Alcantara (for an extra $100-$150) the result was incredible and they offered a several year warranty on it.
Good luck!

·
Registered
2008 Cayman RS (my version) and non-RS 2010 GT3
1,729 Posts
My hatch liner fell, so I tore it off and started over… easy enough. I’ll tell ya tho, the adhesive they use to stick the headliner on is so sticky I can’t believe it falls down… it’s the stickiest chit I’ve ever had to remove… anyway, I just wrap the panel with CF vinyl

·
Registered
242 Posts
In the meantime (or permanently, in my case) T-Pins work really well. Stick them in only 5 degrees off from parallel to the roof. Their is (I'm guessing) a hard cardboard piece above the cloth headliner than the pins stick into very well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same thing happened to me, I live in NOLA too and I garage my car year round albeit not climate controlled. I was 2 months out of my CPO warranty so Porsche NOLA replaced as courtesy - No out of pocket. In my researching I was recommended to a place in Kenner, Louisiana - Alden’s trim and auto upholstery - 504-460-0527 - he had good reviews and I spoke with him once and he sounded very knowledgeable and professional. He said I could choose any top I wanted and that will determine cost, but typically the OEM equivalent is about $300. And he uses better glued, I think temperamental restrictions in Europe are tougher than they are over here, thus the inferior glue .

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi steaktbone,
Thanks for the reply and info, I guess I should give the dealer a call tomorrow to find out what they say. I did talk to them a couple weeks ago before this happened about some service, they said they are about 8 weeks behind and would call me when my turn came up...

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I talked with the dealer today and they informed me that they don't do any kind of upholstery work, and then he gave me the contact info for the same place you gave me. Alden's upholstery shop, so looks like I will be going there, the dealer also said that is where they send all of this type of work...
NOLASport for Maint. And I guess wait on a reply from the dealer for the headliner.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Have any pics? Did you just stick the thumb tacks straight up into the liner?
I sold the car a year back but it’s a high density foam behind the headliner they stick perfect ran that way for years and only lost 1 in that time.

HongyiTime 400 PCS Push Pins,Thumb Tacks, Wall Tacks, Tacks, Push Pin,Thumbtack, Flat Push Pins, Thumbtacks Flat, Push Pins for Cork Board, Push Pins for Wall, Board Pins,Tacks and Push Pins (Black) https://a.co/d/czFHnlZ

·
Registered
3 Posts
So today I got the headliner replaced in my CS and it came out perfect!!! Very happy withe results $350 decent price I guess. Anyway as luck would have it I was driving home when bam all of a sudden this happened!!! A rock or something hit my perfect windshield.
Hand Gesture Finger Electronic instrument Thumb

·
Registered
395 Posts
So today I got the headliner replaced in my CS and it came out perfect!!! Very happy withe results $350 decent price I guess. Anyway as luck would have it I was driving home when bam all of a sudden this happened!!! A rock or something hit my perfect windshield.
View attachment 283168
$50-100 to get it done professionally, don’t do an at home windshield crack repair Thwy can only get it 80% better as seen by my e90 windshield repair. The pros can get it perfect.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts