Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
34,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've taken some time to sketch out a suggested framework for working on updating the FAQ. By no means is this set in stone and I'm certainly open to suggestions for better/faster/easier ways of doing thing. :)

I was thinking of breaking it up into the following:

1) Update any existing FAQ items in need up updating, that could be some new topic thread to add to the PASM entry, etc. This would be broken up into sub categories that follow the FAQ

a) Cayman Options
b) Idiosynchracies
c) Q&A
d) Miscellaneous
e) Technical Data
f) Complaints / Problems
g) Maintenance
h) Buying Guide

(Of course combing adding/deleting categories as needed can be done as well)

2) Add new FAQ items

a) Items for 2008+ models, particularly for 2009+ Gen 2 cars
b) Wherever items in #1 are missed, such as a new color for 2009 or 2010, etc. add these in as well.
c) Any other items we think we should add to the FAQ

How does that sound for a framework about how to go about this?

If this sounds alright with everyone then the next thing we need to do is assign certain items to certain individuals so in that vein I'd like to ask each of you to volunteer for the section/sections/items that you'd like to work on and what you plan to get started on first.

I am here to help you, but I really need each of you to start with picking something to work on and going to work on it! :dance: Assuming everyone is OK with the framework. :)

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
I sometimes forget the articles. How would we
1. crossreference the articles in this section
2. Aticles section automatically comes up in searches

·
Administrator
34,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sometimes forget the articles. How would we
1. crossreference the articles in this section
2. Aticles section automatically comes up in searches
We can put article links into the FAQ and I think we should!

As for articles coming up when searching the FAQ or Forum that doesn't happen because they are in different databases, although I'm told by my developer for a tidy $2K he can make it happen. That's on the back burner. :)

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I would be happt to tackle the update to the options faq, I just need some guidence as to which format it needs to be written in....

·
Administrator
34,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would be happt to tackle the update to the options faq, I just need some guidence as to which format it needs to be written in....
Joe,
See the updated first item in the options section on the adaptive sport seats, that's the format we are going to use if there are no objections. I will post the raw HTML as a template to use in another topic thread, you can use that as a starting point and modify from there.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Maybe we should add an "Electronics" section and another for "Boxster Soft/Hard-top"?! Other than that, I'm not sure how to begin :confused:

·
Administrator
34,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe we should add an "Electronics" section and another for "Boxster Soft/Hard-top"?! Other than that, I'm not sure how to begin :confused:
I think the first thing we need to do is update the sections we already have and we might as well start with the Options section and break it up among the members of the team, I will start a separate topic on this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts