Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cayman Enthusiast
9,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.planet-9.com/faq.php?faq=idiosync2 This was written primarily for the '06's. If the newer cars have different or additional unusual attributes please post them here so a FAQ update can be done (of course people have to read them to make them helpful. How else would a long time member know why the passenger seatbelt light might stay on???). Seriously those of you that have taken the time to read the new Owners' Manual please chime in with things that you would not know without reading the manual that are not covered here. Our new Super Moderators can update as needed.

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
There appears to be some confusion over the difference between Sport Chrono, Sport Chrono Plus, and the Sport and Sport Plus buttons in the 09's and 10's. I'd recommend the following be put in:

Q: What option(s) are required in order to get the Launch Control feature on my car?
A: You need a car with the PDK transmission (obviously) and Sport Chrono. You do NOT need Sport Chrono Plus or PCM.

Q: Wait a minute, but I thought you had to press the "Sport Plus" button to activate Launch Control! Isn't that the Sport Chrono Plus button?
A: No. Unfortunately the button names are very similar to the Sport Chrono option names. All 09+ cars with PDK and Sport Chrono feature two Sport buttons, "Sport" and "Sport Plus".

Q: What's the difference between the Sport and Sport Plus buttons?
A: "Sport" features a more aggressive, sporty throttle map and quicker PDK gearshifts. "Sport Plus" features even quicker PDK gearshifts and locks out 7th gear, so in Automatic mode the computer will never shift into 7th. "Sport Plus" also enables Launch Control.

Q: So what's the difference between the Sport Chrono and Sport Chrono Plus options?
A: The only differences are that PCM is required with Sport Chrono Plus, and allows for a "personal memory function" and "performance display for evaluating lap times" in PCM.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
That's a good start Interpol.

Another thing I need to update is the section on wheels for the 2009+ cars. I know, just an excuse to head to the dealership to get close up photos of all the variations.

If any of you out there have clean closeup photos of the Cayman II, Boxster II wheels, etc, please let me know and I'll figure out a way of having you email them to me.

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
That's a good start Interpol.

Another thing I need to update is the section on wheels for the 2009+ cars. I know, just an excuse to head to the dealership to get close up photos of all the variations.

If any of you out there have clean closeup photos of the Cayman II, Boxster II wheels, etc, please let me know and I'll figure out a way of having you email them to me.
Here's a suggestion - how about getting the pictures from Wheel Enhancement's site (after getting permission, of course)? Their close-up photos are top notch. Here's an example (no, this photo is not directly linked to WE's site):

I'd also suggest a mention of how the DRLs and headlights work in the 09+ cars. There are some significant differences in DRL operation between cars with and without bi-xenon.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Q: What are the main differences between the '06-'08 and the '09+? (Especially useful for people wishing to purchase a used car.)

Q: For all models, what electronic settings can the dealer make to the car? (I've heard I can get the seat belt warning buzzer turned off so I can check my oil level without the racket.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts