Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
23,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rumor mill is in full swing this week with talk of Farnbacher Loles pulling out of the Grand-Am Rolex series and potentially closing their doors completely. Unfortunately, no one at Farnbacher is talking (we’ve made repeated phone calls), and up until today we hadn’t wanted to post anything as our information was gathered [...]

More...

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Interesting if true .... and coincidentally the Farnbacher website has been pulled.

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
As in the other topic thread I would caution our members to use their best judgment when dealing with F-L, and I have not been able to reach them by phone either. Considering the website has been pulled those are usually paid for at least a month or more in advance so it would appear that some entity has stepped in and suspended the operations of the business so it may not matter to our members right now anyway. Has anyone stopped by in person?

·
Cayman Register Advocate
7,305 Posts
Yeah, this is bad news for sure. I've heard some information that suggests there are state and federal auditors digging through the books right now. Supposedly the racing operation has been closed and pad locked, as has the body shop. The CT operation will be next. I've heard mention of a $180K judgment in the state of CA, $250K in the state of CT, $1/2M of missing deposits for Cup Cars that may have made it's way into the hedge fund managed by Greg; $1M of church funds also missing, a possible suicide attempt, and the list goes on. But that's all hearsay, so pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Ken, do you know anyone in GA that might be willing to peal your decals off of those race cars? Yikes.... This is gonna get ugly.

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Peel the decals off? No way, think of the advertising and exposure prospects when 60 minutes sends a camera crew out to film the cars in a locked warehouse somewhere before interviewing those responsible. :) Luckily I'm not anywhere on their books since we did a like kind exchange of advertising for advertising. :) Maybe I should tell the fed about the time they promised me a cup car after the end of the season to use it for advertising the website at local tracks? You remember them telling me that right? :)

·
Cayman Register Advocate
7,305 Posts
Peel the decals off? No way, think of the advertising and exposure prospects when 60 minutes sends a camera crew out to film the cars in a locked warehouse somewhere before interviewing those responsible. :) Luckily I'm not anywhere on their books since we did a like kind exchange of advertising for advertising. :) Maybe I should tell the fed about the time they promised me a cup car after the end of the season to use it for advertising the website at local tracks? You remember them telling me that right? :)
Uh, yeah... That's right.... I was there..... ;)

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
So when are they having their tag sale .... Some interesting 'bargains' to be had!!!

Cup cars, 3.8X51 Cayman, some carbon wheels etc etc etc

Hey, how about P9 taking over the shop ;)

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
After seeing firsthand how the Feds seized my firms assets and property last year to pay off scammed investors, I hope all the owners whose cars are stored at F-L have their car titles and everything well documented. Even with all that it may be many months or years before they can get that property back.

Are race/track cars titled at all by the way?

What a mess.

We were all looking forward to working with them to host an open house for Planet-9 in 2010.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
After seeing firsthand how the Feds seized my firms assets and property last year to pay off scammed investors, I hope all the owners whose cars are stored at F-L have their car titles and everything well documented. Even with all that it may be many months or years before they can get that property back.

Are race/track cars titled at all by the way?

What a mess.

We were all looking forward to working with them to host an open house for Planet-9 in 2010.
Has anyone told the 'PCA Zone 1' folks that the 'Tech Tactics' isn't at FL next year.

It could be worse for the folks with cars stored there, it could be spring and they want to drive their 'summer car'. If the Feds are in possession you could look at it as free 'winter storage' although the Feds now own the shop so you now have to pay the feds instead of FL. Maybe the Feds will throw in a free spring checkup!!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I hope the team crews are free'd of this mess to pursue new opportunities...gotta respect their professional efforts. How they were supported, maybe a different story. I wish them the best and hope some young teams pick up the talent they represent. Good luck.

·
Registered
620 Posts
As I noted in the other thread on here - I have friends in the racing side of FL, and the report I got a couple of weeks ago was very bad. Not sure how the street shop will be affected. The team is "free'd" - but this is not good for our industry. Racing is being affected like the rest or the economy - not good.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
Shouldn't we send the 'P9 News Truck' over to the shop aka 'Pete' or 'Mike' to get the lowdown on this or at least take some cheesy 'TMZ' style photos ???

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
Wow. What a loss to the (Porsche) racing community, apart from the devastation to F-L's employees in a down economy.

- so, do you think we'll see Conn State Police Cup Cars as speed trap chase cars?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow. What a loss to the (Porsche) racing community, apart from the devastation to F-L's employees in a down economy.
This was probably the biggest, yet most subtle point of my post. The professional racing venue for Porsche is already fairly bleak. With one less team in the picture, what does this mean to Porsche Motorsport? What about factory drivers? Wolf drove for Farnbacher, who will Porsche place him with now? Will Porsche continue to support the same number of factory drivers? Will another team step in to fill the void (TRG perhaps)?

With regard to FL's employees, my heart goes out to all of them. Fortunately, I've heard a number have already landed on their feet.. :)

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
What about all the Cayman GTR owners? Are they instant classics now? Hopefully the care of feeding of those cars are no different than other highly tuned Porsches.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts