Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently placed an order for a CS and have a question regarding the way you fast-forward through a "song". (For info, here in Australia we get the full PCM 3.0/Nav/USB/BT set up as standard.)

Now this might seem like a strange question but I spend a lot of time listening to podcasts (on a usb drive) rather than music...and some podcasts can be up to an hour in length or more. This means that I often find myself having to fast-forward through a podcast in order to get to the part that I have listened up to.

What I have found in other cars (e.g. latest VWs) is that it is very difficult to fast-forward when using a touch-screen (I won't go into why...it just is!). So, my question is: how do you fast-forward within PCM 3.0...is it a physical button or is it a button on the touch-screen?

If it is only via the touch-screen then I wonder if there is a button on the multi-function wheel that allows you to fast-forward? I've not ordered the M/F wheel but will do so if it is the only way to get this functionality.

(sorry, I probably could have explained this better...)

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
You just hold down the arrow button pointing to the right and it will fast forward.

Cheers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You just hold down the arrow button pointing to the right and it will fast forward.

Cheers.
Thanks for the reply. However, are you referring to a physical button or a button on the lcd screen? If it's a physical button then I will be fine.

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
The arrow button is a mechanical type on the console. Bit like gen1.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
it's a physical button.

also on the touch screen pcm you can hold and drag the bar by your finger.

hope it's clear now.

cheers.

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
it's a physical button.

also on the touch screen pcm you can hold and drag the bar by your finger.

hope it's clear now.

cheers.
How do you do that? Did not work for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, thanks for the replies. As it's a physical button then it will work just fine and there's no need for me to order the multi-function wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts