Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Cayman Enthusiast
9,995 Posts
That hurts. Very sorry to hear about the loss of a valuable life. It is an unfortunate reminder of the precious time we have to do good and enjoy.

·
Administrator
34,445 Posts
Very sad indeed, I will see if he has any contact information on file here and if so check-in with the family. The article seemed to imply that he did something wrong or wasn't following the rules of the road but I find it hard to believe that someone with his amount of experience would do that, hopefully the witnesses are able to give a good account of what happened. A sad loss for us all.

*edit* I could not find a phone number in his information here, but there is a mailing address and email (not sure if his family will check email or not). If there is something that the members of this site would like to do for his family, I am happy to help facilitate it.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
So sorry to hear this. RIP.

·
Registered
690 Posts
FASTCROC was one of the inagural Rock 'n' Croc participants and attended Croctoberfest in Atlanta. He coveted keeping his Guards Red CS in pristine condition. So much so that he covered the entire front of his car with blue painters tape on RNC1. We try to move stealthily between the RNC runs - sometimes it's hard to do with a dozen and a half flashy sports cars driving in formation - but Bruce's "blue nose" drew a lot of attention. The man had a big and kind heart. He took all of his passions seriously. 2CayGirl, Hets, Mrs. Hets and the rest of us will miss him.

We offer our sincere sympathy to Bruce's family and friends.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Very sad. I too am an avid cyclist, attempting to put in an average of 100 miles a week. It does seem strange that he would turn into the path of a car, however, it doesn't take much, sometimes even a small pebble, to cause a cyclist to swerve off path.

It seems as though many auto enthusiasts are also cycling enthusiasts. I have read that seversal F1 drivers cycle to stay in shape, as do many sports car racers. Many Cayman owners on this site have expressed an interest in cycling. Bob Wollek, who often raced the 962 was sadly killed by a car while riding his bike for exercise in Sebring Florida.

·
Hurricane Region PCA Historian
920 Posts
I just saw this in our local (Raleigh) Sunday paper and was going to post the sad news, but others have gotten here first.

I did not know FASTCROC (Bruce Rosar) well, but he and my wife and I caravaned down to Croctoberfest in Atlanta last year together, braving heavy traffic, eratic drivers and a critical gas shortage (remember that?). Bruce supplied the two-way radios to make communication easier and we had a lot of fun.

Ironically, one of Bruce's missions in life was as an advocate and instructor on bicycle safety.

If I can find out any more contact information for Bruce's family - I know he was married - I will pass it along if anyone wants it. I will also glady offer time to help coordinate anything Club members may wish to do in his honor.

A fine member of our Cayman community will be missed.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Mortality
Life is like a long journey on a train
with one stop
...that is when it surprisingly ends !

Immortals we who live
Born to worship then relive
the afterlife herewith

Heaven and hell are no myth
We'll know once away we give
in time our last breath

Everyday could be the day of one's death
If not,
then it got closer by another step !
...by Hassaan Abdeen
Jan 23rd, 2009

=> May God bless his soul with eternity in heaven and may his family find serenity by keeping the faith... AMEN!

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Sad to hear such news.My thoughts and prayers with his family and those near and dear to the man. Mike.....

·
Caymaniac
5,658 Posts
May he rest in peace. Truly a tragedy.

None of us knows when our time on Earth will end.

Make the best of it.

Clearly, Bruce lived with passion.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts