Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this yellow error message appear, I have searched for similar experiences but can find no definitive diagnostic. I have seen several posts about the problem on 981's and 991's.

I recently fitted an Akrapovic titanium slip-on exhaust and funnily enough the Porsche dealer has immediately blamed the clips used to fit it!! However, I am concerned that their mission to avoid free warranty work might result in them missing the actual cause.

Does anyone know what is the problem here?

Thanks

·
Vendor
6,484 Posts
I know it's been a few years :) but how did you resolve this?

I got the same message few weeks ago...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Happened to me last year. Porsche replaced a part no charge. I'll have to look at my records to see what it was. Solenoid maybe?

·
Vendor
6,484 Posts
Yes. You should visit the dealer. It can affect the brakes!

In my case it was one of the engine vacuum sensors failing. The engine has like 12... They replaced one, charged me $600. Then car went into winter storage, and then in the spring message came back. (just as it would after simple reset). They changed another sensor, $600, and looking me in the eyes told me that it's just a weird coincidence, and no way they changed the wrong sensor first. Stealership at their best. The cars are so complicated today, it's rather routine case when they can't identify the problem :(

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ok. Will take it asap. I do have extended warranty purchased at the same dealership so hopefully they don't charge anything for this

·
Vendor
6,484 Posts
It was not a cooling issue! The message is deceiving. In my case it was vacuum sensor, whatever that is, which somehow prevented the brake cylinder/mechanism working properly. I had a couple of episodes when in the parking lot, going quite slow and then pressing brake pedal to stop, slow down - and nothing happening! Then you frantically press the pedal all you can and the car finally stops. Never problems at higher speed, but still very scary. At first I couldn't put 2 and 2 together, changed all the pads, checked rotors, flushed the brakes twice... didn't help. But then I took care of that message, and the guys at the dealership explained that that vacuum sensor was exactly the cause. And yes, the brakes problem was gone.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Did anyone “add coolant” after these messages?? I had the same message and added about 2 pints (of water) which brought the sensor up to MAX...
D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts