Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to own a 981 Cayman and now I'm sort of in the market for another one.

The one I owned had the Sport Seats Plus, which I much preferred over the base seats.

The Sport Seats Plus seem to be a fairly rare option, though. A lot of cars just come with the base seats.

What would be the feasibility of swapping the base seats for a set of the upgraded sport seats? Is it even possible to purchase a set of the seats (Suncoast doesn't seem to carry them, for example)?

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
I'm sure it would an easy swap. Should able to get them from the dismantlers. I had Sport Plus on my Spyder also; wanted the buckets but was very happy I took the Sport Plus instead.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I’m not so sure it would be an easy swap. I once read that the wiring harnesses are specific to the options. You might not have the correct electric connections. I’d ask to see the connectors on the Sport Seats Plus and compare with the connectors from a base seat.
I hope I’m incorrect though.

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Fair consideration but I doubt Porsche has different wiring configurations for such minor things. They would have to have 4 different wirings just for the seat options.
If you're ever looked at those plugs there are numerous connectors that aren't used. But it certainly wouldn't hurt to ask a tech. If you don't have a tech friend post it thru PCA's website and a tech for that type car will answer you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
While Sport Seats Plus (2-way and 18-way) are quite rare on 981 base and S Caymans, 2-way Sport Seats Plus are standard on GTS Caymans.

18-way are really rare on base, about 0.5% of base Caymans and about 2.5% of S-Caymans have 18-way seats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts