• Sunday, Feb. 21

Votes: 3 100.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Title says it all.

Yeah, Feb. 14 is Valentine's Day, but the event is early in the AM and it's not Mother's Day!

We'll have brunch afterwards here:

Grand Lux Cafe
Roosevelt Field Mall
630 Old Country Road, Garden City, NY 11530
(516) 741-0096

Grand Lux Cafe

Great food and plenty of parking! jxreef recommended this place and after having lunch there this past Saturday, I'm sure many of you would agree with me.

Google Map Directions from Captree to Grand Lux Cafe

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Re: Februrary Captree, Long Island meet preference?

Okay. We know who the bachelors are in this group. Are you trying to get us crucified by our significant others? I won't even mention that possibility in fear of my life. Count me in for the 21st.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, just one response? I'm hoping everyone is just out enjoying this nice weather. :hilarious:

·
Porsche Prophet
937 Posts
Well the 14th. is out of the question for me...coming back from California that Saturday (business trip) and after being away for a week and it's being Valentine day...boy, would I be pushing it...:eek:...if I get to go at all...the 21st. is the better...

·
ZONE 1 Member
46 Posts
Pete, I have no problem for the morning of the 14th. The only problem I will have is the rest of the day when I get back home, Valentines Day... No way I will survive that trip.:eek:

·
Registered
346 Posts
February 21st would work best for me (assuming I decide to make the pilgrimage)...as I am sure it does with others with a SO! Is the less than judicious selection of dates the reason why Pete's other nickname is "Homewrecker"? :hilarious: OK, googled on "Captree" and got a whole bunch of locations which did not look right and could not figure out how to enter coordinates in Mapquest to get directions. So, where is this place anyway? Yeah, I know, tell = shoot!

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,860 Posts
PistolPete is sure trying hard to honor his "Super Homewrecker" moniker, by attempting to schedule a GTG on Valentine's Day! ;)

Unfortunately, I already have other plans scheduled for the weekend of the 21st. :(

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh come on, it's early in the AM and we'll be done by 1PM! :hilarious:

Although I have to agree that the lunch place may be packed on Valentine's Day and we won't get good parking. Parking is the most important thing!

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Since you're so far away Bigguy, you'll get a pass. Get there between 8-9AM. Believe or not, if it's a nice day, cars start showing up with the sunrise.

Everyone is gone by 10:30 or so.

·
Registered
463 Posts
We met there last Sunday at 9 and the main lot was about 1/2 full. Went inside for a hot drink and came out to 1/4 full. It's not drawing big crowds and won't again till April or May when the first hint of a good day will fill all 4-5 lots and bring the State Troopers to control traffic. It is a nice drive though just dress warm because the wind is usually whipping down at the beach. When you've dressed to where you think you'll be warm enough then take an extra sweatshirt, gloves and hat.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like the ice/snow has taken care of any potential V-Day events today! :hilarious:

Looks doubtful for next week as well. I'm going to break out the skis instead.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was on Ocean Parkway this past Monday looking to bed the new rotors and pads on the G35 in. Lot 6 of Jones Beach was crammed with cars going in and out. Looks like people were going for a swim in the subfreezing weather and snow covered beach.

Long Island folks are weird. :eek:

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Silent recall notice. It was really for the 12" rotors on the much more popular G35x AWD. I had the 13" rotors with the sport RWD.

However, I am glad to get new brake pads. They were trashed after two days at Watkins Glen back in 2007. If you think the stock Porsche pads are inadequate for track speeds, think about the pads on a 3800 lb family sedan!

Even the Nissan 350ZX track pack car was crashed by the Car and Driver guys when the stock pads failed on the track. Stock Nissan/Infiniti pads are not meant for thrashing at Watkins. In normal driving, they should last forever the way I drive. ;)

I think every manufacturer is erring on the side of caution when it comes to recalls/service bulletins on critical components like brakes after the whole Toyota fiasco.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts