Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have been a waiter, watcher, reader and searcher for two years. I came close to buying 3 times, but my BRILLIANT wife said, "If it doesn't feel right, don't do it."

This past weekend I found my 2009 Cayman S, with 40K miles and impeccably maintained by a single owner in St. Petersburg, FL at Genuine Motorcars. Arron and the group at Genuine allowed me take the car to Bert Smith Porsche, where the CS was originally purchased, to get back ground on the car and see the maintenance records. This answered the questions I had after from the Car Fax report and gave me some negotiating room too.

Based on current online prices, I negotiated a price that reflects a higher mile '07 or low mile '08. I added a warranty to the car that will cover it to 100K miles.

A little about the car: 2009 Cayman S, Arctic Silver on black leather, PDK, clear bra, tinted windows, 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport tires most options except Navi.

The only down side, it has not had the 40K service, but it gave me room to negotiate from a fair price to an amazing price. Next stop will be Brumos Porsche for needed service.

My ride from St. Pete to Jacksonville was - sublime - until I saw the blue lights. I may have squeezed a pucker pinch in the leather seat. As the Trooper past me and went after another car I relaxed and the ride was sublime once again. I am glad I have dark tinted windows, otherwise other drivers would think I am full on crazy as a drive with an ear to ear grin.

Thank you all for your posts, replies and advice over the last two years.

Richard

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! I remember when the Cayman first came out, I fell in love. Never in my wildest dreams I thought I would be able to afford one. When I finally started shopping for cars I just checked out the used Caymans for shits n giggles. Price wasn't outrageous, but after a long search I finally found mine. I was just shaking with excitement. Had mine for almost 2 yrs and I still love it the same as when I bought it. Gotta enjoy life right? ;)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Congratulations! Might want to consider one of those headlight cleaning kits - yours look a little hazy, like mine used to.

Good luck, and congratulations again!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Beautiful car, congratulations!

·
Registered
143 Posts
congrats. looks so cool.
you will never regret and will have a lot of fun

·
Registered
197 Posts
Congratz on the beautiful car!! The grin will stay on as a permanent expression, even exiting the car and looking back at her will evoke it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am glad I have dark tinted windows, otherwise other drivers would think I am full on crazy as a drive with an ear to ear grin.
Ah yes, the "98x Permagrin" :)

Even today, 14 years after purchasing my 986S, I still have an almost permanent grin when I drive my '07 987!

Congrats. Drive your new toy in good health, and remember to keep the shiny side up :cheers:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Welcome from a fellow noobie....

love those 19"s and the silver/black combo. get ready for some exciting times ahead!
I'm still on my honeymoon period with mine :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The picture makes them look hazy, but they are indeed clear as, well, glass. Thank you though, it will be something I watch for in the coming years.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Congratulations to you Dude .. lurking and searching pays off in the end.
I've an 09 Arctic Silver S as well, albeit with a manual and PASM.

Enjoy

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Congrats! I had my eye on that very car and came this close to buying it last week as a track car for my wife. We've been sharing my own '09 arctic silver Cayman S on track days at Sebring for a couple of years. Now that she's moved up to drive in the Solo group with me, she's gonna need her own. So the hunt is on!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts