Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of my 2010 CS last Saturday. Took me a couple days to get to writing this, as most of my time was spent on the road.:)

My custom baby is a Black on Beige. I kept most of the technology out, opting to go for full leather interior and Bluetooth (California cell phone law) with PDK. I skipped sports plus as I really cant stand the center dial and will just wait for the much raved Softronics flash.

I don't think I can accurately comment on the drive as anything is an upgrade from my previous car (Corolla S). But I can say that it has turned many heads around campus.

Unfortunately thats where the good news ends. Upon parking it in our garage, I accidently dinged the hips when I opened the door to our Range rover. :wall:

Its minor but it makes me hate myself. Taking the CS out for a joyride does make me feel better about myself though.

On a final note, I read the manual and it mentioned to "never lug the engine in high gear at low speeds" during break in. However, my PDK seems to be in a hurry to upshift and I find myself in 6-7 gear when I'm going only approx 35 mph. Is my car at fault or is this just a characteristic of PDK and its nothing to worry about?

Mucho thanks to the people in this forum, and I look forward to be an active contributer as I enjoy my car (and hopefully post some pictures, sans the ding)

-frakko

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Congrats! I believe dings can be cured without major effort providing there small. I would use manual mode to run the engine between 3000-4000rpm.

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome.

Do a search for "paintless dent repair" in your area and you might be able to get that ding fixed quickly and cheaply.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Ugh, I know how you feel. When I got my current car (Mustang) it got smacked while parked in a mall the first week I had it. Not my fault but still was on my bill. And the thought of my brand new baby no longer perfect was painful. Did the ding repair thing and was good as new but it still hurt. Congrats on the new ride!

Hope to be joining you in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Instead of manual you could also use the sport mode for the PDK. That's what I did to keep the revs up. It is odd to be going 35 mph in 6th gear.

Congratulations on a nice choice in color and options.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Congrats Frank! Was about to PM you, figured you should have picked up the car by now.

Don't worry about the ding. It gives it character ... ;)

As for lugging, going 6th gear at 35mph while not fun, I wouldn't consider "lugging". As long as you're just cruising around in traffic at 10% throttle, it's fine. You'll appreciate the higher mpg.

Lugging is more like accelerating full bore with the throttle at 100% pasted to the floor board, while staying in 6th gear at 35mph.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Congrats on the new car, Sounds like a beauty!!

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Hi Frakko,

Nice to see the car finally made it there. Do we get to see some pics? Maybe a few nice ones overlooking a scenic valley view?

:picsplz:

-Redbear

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are a few pictures. Thats my girlfriend in the drivers seat (she loves to be in control). The green rover in the garage is the culprit that is responsible for the ding.

Thanks for all the replies. Thank you Morbo for all your help and the referral, hope to see you at a club event in the near future!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Frakko- Congratulations! Enjoy the ride. Also; don't let your girlfriend sit in the driver's seat. Once she does you may never see it again...Ooops! Too late!:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
My first ding was the worst and best day of my life. I hated it because my car was no longer perfect but it was the best day because I could finally relax. No more stress of keeping something perfect. I actually look forward to that happening with everything I own now. Then I can really start enjoying it! Have fun. Oh yeah, paintless dent guy fixed it so I can't even tell it was there. Good thing my buddy scratched the bumper! Still imperfect!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Congrats on the car... just a thought, but you mentioned rolling it around "campus", I hope you don't mind me asking, but how old are you? I wish I had the ability to own a CS during my school days!

Also, if your girlfriend was around during your Toyota days, then make sure you keep her! I used to lug around in a Honda CR-V... but once things got better and I got my Porsche, especially at a young age, people start to to act different around you and expect certain things/favors... trust me, I have been there and it sucks!

Hope it lasts and enjoy the car... just wanted to give you some perspective from one young Porsche driver to another!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Congratulations. May I suggest two things. First really study the owner's manual, lots of nifty features therein.

I also have black and it really shows up stone chips. I had a clear bra installed and really like it.You might consider that addition.

Second, take a mini-vacation. You will come back smitten. I did and still am almost 2 years and 25K miles later. Drive safe. Ed

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congrats on the car... just a thought, but you mentioned rolling it around "campus", I hope you don't mind me asking, but how old are you? I wish I had the ability to own a CS during my school days!

Also, if your girlfriend was around during your Toyota days, then make sure you keep her! I used to lug around in a Honda CR-V... but once things got better and I got my Porsche, especially at a young age, people start to to act different around you and expect certain things/favors... trust me, I have been there and it sucks!

Hope it lasts and enjoy the car... just wanted to give you some perspective from one young Porsche driver to another!
I'm 24 and in graduate school.

Thanks for the suggestion Ed, I'm definitely considering the clear bra now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts