Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
This is amazing!! Can you give a post about how you did it? Where did you get the paddles?

Something I'd be really interesting in doing...but I'm not mechanically savvy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really just a matter of removing the steering wheel and mocking it up. They don't sit flush on the back side but so far so good. Doesn't make it shift any different but I just really dislike the factory tip ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These are the ones I got. Purchased from my local mercedes dealer for $130. Each one has 2 wires. Found on 911.uk the wires to tap into.
They are metal at least and not cheap plastic!

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
These are the ones I got. Purchased from my local mercedes dealer for $130. Each one has 2 wires. Found on 911.uk the wires to tap into.
They are metal at least and not cheap plastic!
That's a bargain. The TechArt's are like x10 the price including import + tax costs.

·
Registered
355 Posts
this is one of the best upgrades for tips. although, i bought the raid steering wheel, it looks like there are alternatives. good job on sourcing the paddles. i wish this info was out there when i was doing the research because it would have saved me a lot of money!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
techart items look nice but the cost is pretty high...

was thinking of getting a new steering wheel with paddles instead as I don't have the multifunction buttons on mine and sport design looks nice too.

·
Registered
355 Posts
techart items look nice but the cost is pretty high...

was thinking of getting a new steering wheel with paddles instead as I don't have the multifunction buttons on mine and sport design looks nice too.
Look at Raid since they mfg for Techart and FVD. Otherwise, you can go OEM route with PDK wheel, module, and dealer programming.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts