Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 651 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
i also called in and left my number, but i buy it now already to reserve my spot. I'll let you know how it turns out, and i will take some pictures

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Interested depending on cost.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Agreed about the modification being price sensitive. If it's around the $4-450 mark, they seem to be pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i believe this would be priced around the same as the 911 tail lights, should be around 600. I believe they are a bit too expensive.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
The 997 forum on 6spd has a 50+ page thread on LED tails still going on now covering the Dectane and Depo brands. Vendors like FVD, Maxspeed, Rotec and on Ebay sell them and prices run from $540 to $850. Some of the lights need sorting out with circuit boards needing resistors and possible overheating issues. It might be wise to see how the test-fit goes before jumping on the bandwagon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
+1 for waiting and seeing how the initial testers make out with this. I had Depo LED taillights on an M3 and eventually removed them when some LEDs started blinking intermittently.

·
Registered
140 Posts
+1 on the waiting list. I don't understand why people complain when LEDs fail. this happens to oem headlights all the time. I always see burnt out LEDs in high end cars driving around. :confused::confused:

1 - 20 of 651 Posts