Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 40 of 651 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Those are about what I expected. A very clean modern led look. I just hope they make them in smoked as well. Now to see if the gouge me eyes out with the pricing......:drivingskid:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
thank you for the pics, those look awesome! and it fits perfectly as far as i can see, was it easy to fit? did you have to change wiring or was it plug and play? how much are they? do they sell more of these?

·
Registered
26 Posts
thank you for the pics, those look awesome! and it fits perfectly as far as i can see, was it easy to fit? did you have to change wiring or was it plug and play? how much are they? do they sell more of these?
they installed and did everything for me for the test fit, they said they havent decided on pricing yet since they need to figure some stuff out. Everything fit perfectly, no error codes or anything.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thank you for the info

I would probably buy them only at around 400 usd, max at 500, since these are depo brand only and should be cheaper than the 911s
Other depo tail lights arent even price these much..

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have to admit, I was quite a bit more hopeful..

At first glance they look very similar to 987.2 lights. After seeing the photo's, they look even more like them in the "run" and "brake" modes. That's fine except not everyone likes the tails on a 987.2. Hear me out..

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of LED's in the rear and I've been searching and waiting for something like this long before I found my Gen 1. I just really want something more innovative and new and different, maybe something more like the current 911's have.

On these and the Gen 2's, the running light "arch" doesn't have the flow like the long flat incandescent rears currently on our cars. NTM LED's this style are tiring out and light pipe is now the leading edge.

Can we at least change the wiring in this tail to have the flat row of LED's above the clear section as running lights instead of just having the same old look of a car that has already been remodeled/replaced?? I know some of you have been waiting 7 or 8 years for something like this, so why settle for the wanna-be hand me downs from a 987.2??

Gen 2 owners have been flashing their LED's at us for years along with their DRL's and more power to boot... I just think it's finally time to have something even more awesome for ourselves..!!

With that said I also want to be grateful and give a big cheers to the guys working on this project. To have something new is waaaay better than nothing at all. Thanks

Tk

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I have to admit, I was quite a bit more hopeful..

At first glance they look very similar to 987.2 lights. After seeing the photo's, they look even more like them in the "run" and "brake" modes. That's fine except not everyone likes the tails on a 987.2. Hear me out..

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of LED's in the rear and I've been searching and waiting for something like this long before I found my Gen 1. I just really want something more innovative and new and different, maybe something more like the current 911's have.

On these and the Gen 2's, the running light "arch" doesn't have the flow like the long flat incandescent rears currently on our cars. NTM LED's this style are tiring out and light pipe is now the leading edge.

Can we at least change the wiring in this tail to have the flat row of LED's above the clear section be the running lights instead of just having the same old look of a car that has already been remodeled/replaced?? I know some of you have been waiting 7 or 8 years for something like this, so why settle for the wanna-be hand me downs from a 987.2??

Gen 2 owners have been flashing their LED's at us for years along with their DRL's and more power to boot... I just think it's finally time to have something even more awesome for ourselves..!!

With that said I also want to be grateful give a big cheers to the guys working on this project. To have something new is waaaay better than nothing at all. Thanks

Tk
+1 on this

I was just thinking of this, i was hoping more like the 981 look, or something like the striaght line led, not the dotted style led.

Then again we dont have much choice, i dont think they're going to change the style nor can i wait another 5 years for another update, i do hope they have the smoked version though, i might have to wait a bit to see if they have the smoked version

Im just glad something is better out there,

·
Registered
303 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Here are some pictures of some pre-production LED lights.

I just installed a a set of the clear versions in my 08 Cayman tonight. The install took 15 minutes and was a simple plug and play. It was to late to take pictures but I will take some and post them tomorrow.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Can I ask a silly question??

I've been watching this thread with real interest. But I'm now confused..

Would we still need to change bumpers? Are theses an identical copy of the .2 led lights? Or just a plug and play aftermarket option..

As I would stil like to keep my car looking stock but maybe facelifted ;)

Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Can I ask a silly question??

I've been watching this thread with real interest. But I'm now confused..

Would we still need to change bumpers? Are theses an identical copy of the .2 led lights? Or just a plug and play aftermarket option..

As I would stil like to keep my car looking stock but maybe facelifted ;)

Thanks in advance..
From what I learned regarding this thread, this LED is designed for 987.1 bumpers and the design is inspired by 987.2 taillight so they look alike but in fact it's totally different. In short, you can just swap your OEM .1 tailights with this one without the need to modify the bumpers and electronics.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Here are some pictures of some pre-production LED lights.

I just installed a a set of the clear versions in my 08 Cayman tonight. The install took 15 minutes and was a simple plug and play. It was to late to take pictures but I will take some and post them tomorrow.

The led on the lower part of the tail lights doesnt look like the one posted on ebay, it does look like the second link i posted, where did you get the pictures?

Also, the clear looks nice. But the red part in the middle only lools silly in my opinion

21 - 40 of 651 Posts