The JTEC 981 style look and perform great - no issues at all - but I decided to go back to the DEPO because they look more OEM. I sacrifice the LED reverse and turn signals the JTEC have, but I prefer the OEM look from behind. I'll probably put the JTEC up for sale. I only had them on the car for about 1200 miles.I've installed the 981 style JTECs and they're 'different' but not necessarily 'better' than my DEPO LEDs.
1. The DEPO LEDs look more OEM. They are very similar to the OEM 987.2 tail lights.
2. The JTEC fit is slightly better.
3. The DEPO workmanship is slightly better. The JTEC light strip is a bit uneven on one side of my set. It's only noticeable if you're comparing left and right.
4. I think the DEPO are a bit safer - the brake lights are brighter and cover more area vs. JTEC.
5. Conversely, the JTEC look far superior WRT the parking/running lights. The LED strip is much more visible than the single row of LEDs on the top curve of the DEPO version.
6. JTEC amber LED turn signals are far superior to DEPO incandescent bulbs.
7. Both the JTEC white LED and DEPO incandescent white reverse lights produce about the same amount of light. No functional advantage to either, it's all personal taste.
At this point I'm keeping both sets. I have the JTEC installed right now but can see possibly going back to the DEPO at some point.