Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The CTS-V wagon came out in 2010? I was just a weird high schooler that loved the idea of a sleeper car like a wagon that could haul plywood and tires and whatever else and still smoke a hot shot in his muscle car.
Well I can't afford a CTS-V or I am not willing to afford one. The other hot wagons I know of are the E63 AMG which is getting closer but the 7 speed has pretty good but not great reliability and obviously the head bolt issue on the engine makes it a bit of a nervous proposition.
Then I start learning through BAT about the 55K series of AMG products. Not a lot of tech from an engine or transmission standpoint but POWER and reliability. So I keep learning about these and saving money thinking I can snag a good deal one day for cash and showbox skip the loan nonsense. Until earlier this year I realize holy **** there is an E55 wagon in the US of A. Only proble usps tracking m there is only about 200. So I am on the look out, watching BAT auctions go a bit too high for my taste and all the ones I found on the forums were not to my liking history wise or the seller speed test never got back to me. Until two weeks ago I found a two owner gem in Idaho. Long story and it was long and painful (not the sellers fault) I now own a unicorn an E55 AMG wagon. And this baby hauls!

·
Registered
356 Posts
I just traded in my SL 55 AMG for a CLS 550. Wanted 4 doors and a bit more storage. That m113k engine is a monster and is pretty easy to get close to 700 ft/lbs of torque.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
OP joined P-9 today (a Porsche board) just to brag about buying a Merc? And posted it in the wrong sub-forum? At least have the manners to post in Automotive Off Topic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree, wrong forum. But, you should check out the legitstreetcars channel on YouTube. This guy repairs and modifies all sorts of AMG cars. He also bought an E55 wagon recently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts