Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all!

So after many years of dreaming and having posters up on the wall, I was finally able to get my first Porsche. I have always loved the balance and the look of the Cayman, so I decided to go that route. Initially I was looking into used 987 models, however getting this great deal through Pfaff in Toronto led me to this 981!!

A bit of background, initially I was looking at a BMW 135i's but then I thought heck, might as well get what I really want. Both were within my budget so it was easy choice once I saw the Cayman in person!

Here are the photos from the delivery day of my 2014 Base Sapphire Blue Cayman.

Options are: Infotainment with sound package plus, PTV, X73 sport suspension, sport wheel, 19 inch Cayman S wheels, convienence package, Bi-xenon package, and PDK.

Keep in mind prior to delivery that same day I had to write an exam so it was difficult to finish that exam with all the excitement of picking up my car!

IMG_6568.JPG IMG_6570.JPG

It was great fun being able to open her up on the 407 on the way home, the photos are thanks to my brother who was with me each step of the way! Got Pfaff to throw in LED side markers, touch up pen, also a yellow key ring and rubber mats.

So that same weekend, I decided to get the windows to tinted! Got Pinnacle Formula One 30% all around, I find 20% too dark at night.

IMG_6616.JPG

I prefer the tinted look a lot more on the Sapphire Blue colour!

And now this leads me to today, after ordering a bunch of detailing supplies and watching Matt Moreman's video on Rennlist with his GT3, I gave the car a full paint decontamination, wash, clay, seal, and wax!

IMG_6726.JPG IMG_6728.JPG IMG_6729.JPG

I already picked up the fire extinguisher mount from Rennline so that will be my next project, along with removing the front license plate next weekend. I can't wait for the PCA UCR introductory track day in two weeks. Also will be getting paint protection film installed next Saturday!

Thank you all for all the great threads providing tons of information! Although I was a lurker before, I definitely won't be now!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Beautiful. Congrats and good luck with her!

Reactions: harry454

·
Registered
645 Posts
Congrats, great looking 981.

:cheers:

Incidentally, I am moving from a 135i to a 981. I still have a few more months to wait though... :(

*edit re-read your post, you didn't have a 135i, you were just looking at them.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Congrats!! She looks wonderful!

·
Registered
23 Posts
congrats on a beautiful ride.
Also been new to Porsches, i can safely tell you it will put a smile on your face everytime you jump in it, even when stuck in the heaviest of traffic :)
Enjoy

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Welcome. Congrats on moving from posters on the wall to posters on the forum!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
congrats on a beautiful ride.
Also been new to Porsches, i can safely tell you it will put a smile on your face everytime you jump in it, even when stuck in the heaviest of traffic :)
Enjoy
Yes you are correct! Nothing better than going to work with a grin on your face!

Congrats! What are you studying for?
I was doing a Professional Development seminar required by the law society!!

Congrats! Nice color, i like also the tinted windows.
Thank you, the tints just complete the look imo!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Beautiful and understated. I *almost* got Sapphire Blue (even had it on my build sheet), but ultimately decided to go for the "louder" color of Guards Red. The S2000 I sold was almost the same color as Sapphire (called "Laguna Blue") and it was a gorgeous color. I got compliments on that car all of the time.

Good call on getting the sport suspension and PTV. This is going to be a sweet handling car.

·
Vendor
6,493 Posts
Congrats on a beautiful car! Between this and 135 - it's really a no brainer :)

Reactions: Kaxon

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats on the new ride... like your option choices and that tint looks great... I am going to tint mine when it arrives the same as yours. How do you like the sport suspension? Great option

·
Registered
295 Posts
Congrats. I'm also from the GTA and was considering M235i before deciding it was within my budget to get a 981.

Of course I went way over budget. Who did you deal with at Pfaff?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Congrats! The 981 is a way better choice than any BMW.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts