Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone. I am new to the forum but have been doing tons of research on Caymans. I am a previous owner of a BMW 335 Coupe and Audi 3.2 Quattro A4. I purchased my first Porsche (2007 Cayman S) with only 4,000 miles on Saturday. Black on Black with Xenons, Chrono, Preferred Package, Automatic Climate Control, and 19" Carrera S wheels. This car is by far the best driving experience I have ever had. I have been stopped by at least 20 people in the last two days telling me how awesome the car is. I will post more pictures later but thought I would post a few after my first wax job this weekend. Feels good to finally be part of the Porsche Club!

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
Congrats on your new to you Cayman, and welcome to the club! :cheers:

Thanks for the pics . . . never get tired of seeing those Cayman "hips" :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Congrats...
Only twenty people told you your car was awesome?
You need to get out and drive it more then!
You couldn't have picked a better car.
We can see your reflection in your hood.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Beautiful car, congratulations and welcome to the "club." Nice pictures too.
BW

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Congratulations! Sunset or sunrise is a great time of day (imo) to take pics of a car.Especially a black well detailed Cayman....

·
Registered
882 Posts
Welcome. I too have a black on black Cayman S. Beautiful when clean but hard to keep clean.

May I suggest separate bucket, mitts and micro fiber towels for the wheels to prevent dragging road debris onto the black paint. Also a car cover.

I had some stone nicks touched up and a clear bra installed. Road rash is especially visible on a black car.

Second, suggest you really study the owner's manual as your new ride has lots of nifty features.

THird, take a mini-vacation. You will return smitten. I did and still am smitten now 2 years and 28K miles later.

Drive safely Ed

·
PCA member and Site Donor
184 Posts
Congrats! I've had mine for a month and I love it!:dance:

I see that you're in Texas. Where abouts? I'm in the Houston area.

Homer

·
Registered
205 Posts
Congrats. That's a nice looking car.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on the new car.

·
PCA member and Site Donor
184 Posts
Homer,

I am actually also in Houston.
We should head out to Cars and Coffee the first Saturday of every month. My buddy has a 64 Cobra replica and we're thinking of heading to the one in May.

I work on the west side of town and live in the NW.

Great to see another Houstonian on here.

Homer

·
Registered
156 Posts
Congrats on your new Cayman S. It looks like a very nicely equipped low mileage car. Enjoy getting to know your new toy.

I noticed that you are in the Houston area. If you ever find yourself in Dallas or if you are looking for a good dealership for service please let me know. Park Place Porsche would love to assist you in any way that we can.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts