Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled the trigger tonight after almost a year. Got a decent price and 2.9% financing:

07 Base Guards Red w/ Black Leather
5 speed Manual
M6Z - Floor Mats Interior Color
342 - Heated Front Seats
490 - Sound Package Plus
P12 - Self-Dim Mirrors & Rain Sensor
401 - 18" Cayman S Wheel
PPA - Preferred Package
P74 - Bi-Xenon Headlamp Package
573 - Automatic Climate Control
446 - Wheel Caps with Colored Crest

Christened it with a nice drive on Mulholland Hwy between Kanan and Las Virgines. Should have pics this weekend. Time to go read the manual. :dance:

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Congratulations.And finally some sunny weather to go with your new purchase.My first drive as an owner of a Cayman is one i will remember fondly.What a joy.Good luck with her.......

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Congrats! Sensible move that you're reading the manual...2.9% finance! God bless America.

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
2.9% Unbelievable. Sounds like free money in the US. Can I borrow US$3M at that rate? Seriously...Anyone please let me know via PM.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Congrats on the new car. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the club.
It's always sunny in LA, right? Get out there and put some miles on your new gator.
BW

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks All. It's a huge difference going from a Scion tC to a Porsche.

It's my daily driver so this croc will have a few miles on it once everything is said and done. Perfect weather here, if a bit too warm, and I live 15 minutes from Malibu via canyon road.

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
997 Posts
Mulholland......Las Virgines..........Kanan Road........Malibu Canyon..........geez those bring back memories (I had a Mustang GT convertible in those halcyon days of the early 90's). Good Porsche roads. Enjoy them all. In contrast, my first drive upon delivery was a cold rainy night on a flat featureless windswept toll road, so you are blessed.

Keep in mind you have a big CHP bullseye on your roof and tailgate with that Guards Red paint! ;)

That said, hope you get a chance to unspool the engine on a drive up the coast.

:picsplz:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the club :cheers:

Oh man, you are going to have some major fun on those roads. :burnout:

I am jealous. Nothing even comes close here in Mass.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Cant wait for pics. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy!! I've had my Cayman S for a month and the car has far exceeded my expectations:):)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Finally got around to taking some shots along PCH yesterday. It really is a brilliant vehicle. Still more power than I know what to do with. Enjoying every minute driving it!

Interestingly my insurance only went up $90 a year and I increased coverage over my previous car.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Pulled the trigger tonight after almost a year. Got a decent price and 2.9% financing:

07 Base Guards Red w/ Black Leather
5 speed Manual
M6Z - Floor Mats Interior Color
342 - Heated Front Seats
490 - Sound Package Plus
P12 - Self-Dim Mirrors & Rain Sensor
401 - 18" Cayman S Wheel
PPA - Preferred Package
P74 - Bi-Xenon Headlamp Package
573 - Automatic Climate Control
446 - Wheel Caps with Colored Crest

Christened it with a nice drive on Mulholland Hwy

between Kanan and Las Virgines. Should have pics this weekend. Time to go read the manual. :dance:

Now I'm home-sick! :hilarious:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Definitely read the manual carefully. The manual along with this website make it very easy to know your car well. Life is sweet with a Cayman!!!:):)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Congratulation on your Arrest me Red Cayman. You got a great looking car. I'm still shopping for mine. What was the dealer asking and what did you finally negotiate it for?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts