Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The scheduled delivery date is July 24th, which is my birthday.
and this is the LAST allocation of 2015 models that still can be modified, so i ordered it 2 month ago.
Surprisingly, dealer called me yesterday, and said the car has arrived.
i was totally unprepared for the news. my finance has not been preQ, accessories has not been ordered, and most importantly, i was thinking this would be my birthday gift, and i don't want my birthday gift to arrive more than a month early!!

but i am still happy.

Tried to go with PedFed balloon financing, but in the end i went to dealer's 6 year 2.9% which make more sense financially to me.

I will take my car to install clearbra tomorrow for the full front. and have the windows tinted.

I like the car, but there is my few dislikes and questions.

1. the backup camera has very low resolution, everything i see is blurry, if i knew this, i probably would not order it.
2. the PCM main screen can not display Asian characters, but the Multi function Display can. (surprisingly, my 2014 BMW x5 is the other way around)
3. the clutch is harder than all other manual transmission cars i have driven.
4. anyone know why there are some black lines across/around the front windshield?
5. i am going to order Zunsport front grill set, does anyone know if side grills are necessary?
6. i will order a Front Trunk Liner from suncoast parts, does anyone know anythin that cheaper and better?
7. is Rear Trunk Liner necessary?
8. anyone to add LED lights for Driver and passenger?

some said allocation has dried up for GTS,
but my dealer still have 1 boxster and 6 cayman GTS if anyone is interested.

i have not driven a sports car in the past 7 years. this car makes me excited, it feels so low and small compared to suvs, but is very fun.
thank you all for the past support

here are some pictures of my new car
IMG_8020.JPG IMG_8023.JPG IMG_8030.JPG IMG_8031.JPG

·
Registered
235 Posts
Make sure the backup camera lens is clean and free of any shipping residue.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Congratulations, the reason that your dealer has 6GTS's in stock is i think pretty much anyone that wants one has one. Its a great car but thats what happens with most cars. My GT4 is coming in Aug. Within a year the market will be soft because its a special car and again everybody that wants one will have one.. . I always like to buy high and sell low. i think its a genetic defect..carl

·
Registered
734 Posts
The clutch will get a little looser as it wears in. I especially noticed it when shifting into Reverse the first time versus a couple of times later.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Congrats!! These cars look so striking in white. :cheers:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would say thats not normal. My image is much clearer and has the two 'lines' that echoe the postition of the steering wheel.

I would go back to your dealer on this.

Your car looks excellent! Enjoy!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Congratulations, the reason that your dealer has 6GTS's in stock is i think pretty much anyone that wants one has one. Its a great car but thats what happens with most cars. My GT4 is coming in Aug. Within a year the market will be soft because its a special car and again everybody that wants one will have one.. . I always like to buy high and sell low. i think its a genetic defect..carl
Thought I was the only one who did the "buy high, sell low" thing!!! :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Answers that I car provide are in red.

1. the backup camera has very low resolution, everything i see is blurry, if i knew this, i probably would not order it.
After looking at your picture, I agree that there's still some protective film on it. Mine is considerably more clear.
2. the PCM main screen can not display Asian characters, but the Multi function Display can. (surprisingly, my 2014 BMW x5 is the other way around)
4. anyone know why there are some black lines across/around the front windshield?
The thin black lines are the AM/FM radio antennas.
5. i am going to order Zunsport front grill set, does anyone know if side grills are necessary?
I added them to mine. I'd read that this keeps larger debris from progressing all the way to the air filters. I also like the look.
6. i will order a Front Trunk Liner from suncoast parts, does anyone know anythin that cheaper and better?

here are some pictures of my new car
View attachment 60137 View attachment 60138 View attachment 60139 View attachment 60140

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
and this is the LAST allocation of 2015 models that still can be modified, so i ordered it 2 month ago.
i was totally unprepared for the news. my finance has not been preQ, accessories has not been ordered, and most importantly, i was thinking this would be my birthday gift, and i don't want my birthday gift to arrive more than a month early!!
This may be the first time on P-9 that someone has expressed a desire for their car to have arrived later than it actually did!

I will take my car to install clearbra tomorrow for the full front.
You won't regret it. The stuff really works and the frequent complaints about Porsche paint durability particularly make this a good move.

i am going to order Zunsport front grill set, does anyone know if side grills are necessary?
I've had no problem without them. Big deal is to make sure the Xpel you order covers the area around those grills.

i will order a Front Trunk Liner from suncoast parts, does anyone know anythin that cheaper and better?
Cheaper? Not sure. Better? Absolutely not. The OEM frunk liner (from Suncoast or your dealer) is the best.
is Rear Trunk Liner necessary?
Not necessary. If you'll put stuff back there that will get the carpeting dirty and you care about that, get it. Otherwise, no.

Finally, we pretty much all love this car. In all probability you will too. Have fun!

·
Premium Member
218 Posts

but i am still happy.

Tried to go with PedFed balloon financing, but in the end i went to dealer's 6 year 2.9% which make more sense financially to me.

I will take my car to install clearbra tomorrow for the full front. and have the windows tinted.

I like the car, but there is my few dislikes and questions.

--- agree about film. Had a Panny loaner, much much clearer.

--- not to be snarky but did you test drive a manual transmission? Agree that Porsche clutch is stiff.

--- as noted, antennae

--- think not, agree with comment on covering with PPF

--- great quality. Give your dealer a chance to match price. Mine does or beats it. Join PCA and get PCA discounts

--- I used rear trunk more often. Got the liner. Glad I did

--- yes. Parts from Suncoast. Instructions from somewhere on P9. Glad I did. Better lighting and better look.

some said allocation has dried up for GTS,
but my dealer still have 1 boxster and 6 cayman GTS if anyone is interested.

i have not driven a sports car in the past 7 years. this car makes me excited, it feels so low and small compared to suvs, but is very fun.
thank you all for the past support

nice car - enjoy the ride!
This is a great site and members are very helpful. Come back with more questions!

Reactions: yuxinhong

·
Registered
492 Posts
"Necessary" is your call to make. We have the front Zunsport grilles but don't have the side grilles and do not intend to get them but I have found the occasional rock in a side intake. If you don't want to risk it at all then get them. If you want to protect your rear trunk carpet then you'll probably want a rear trunk liner. If it doesn't concern you then you may not. We wanted front and rear trunk protection and preferred the look and fit of the Porsche liners and were ok with the cost. There are cheaper options but you'd have to specify what you mean by "better". The alternatives for the front are mostly mats from what I've seen and if you want a bin you probably won't find one that precisely fits the front.

These aren't one-size-fits-all matters. Everyone does not all have the same options or accessories.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
A couple of things: You should look at photos on P9 of the Zunsport side intake grills before you decide. Practically I don't think they make any difference, and personally they are not to my taste. The front grills look nice for sure, and many here have had great success installing them and are very happy with them. Check the threads on that. The trunk liner seems totally unnecessary. As for the frunk liner, be sure to check Das Schield as an alternative. I don't know how the prices compare. You should get the rocker panel all the way up past the intake vents protected with Xpel or which ever clear mask you are getting installed. The area below and around the intakes get a LOT of rock chips, I can testify. Any installer who is doing your entire front clip should have offered you the rocker panels as well as they are essential.
Enjoy your car, it looks great in white!

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
i don't want my birthday gift to arrive more than a month early!!
There are several hundred P-9ers who will gladly take care of your car for a month so that it can arrive exactly on your birthday as you planned. We will even deliver it with a red bow on it if you like and fully broken in. What are friends for anyway? :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats on your new car. I was never a fan of white until I bought a white porsche.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Tried to reply earlier today and see that some of the questions have been answered, for those that I can weigh in on....

Front and rear trunks liners, have both and they have saved me a few times, the Porsche ones are great and worth every penny, I use my car and they save the carpet!

Grill protection, I will get the front two radiators protected, but the side intakes are fine, highly unlikely that a rock could score any direct hit going into them.

PPF, I had Xpel on the complete front clip, around the windshield too, rockers and the area around the intakes, well worth the investment in my opinion.

I would also suggest Clearplex for the windsheild, I had it on the 2013 and with out it you will soon wish you had. My 2006 was scratched and chipped so bad that you could hardly see through it when drving into the setting sun, not only did it look terrible but it was unsafe. And before somebody says that you can just replace it, read the threads about the waits and horror stories about sub-standard glass and workmanship, better not to go down that road at all! Costs on $250 and I already have one on hand for my 2016 when it arrives!

LED lights can be added after the fact, check out Suncoast for their kit, $89 IIRC. Be careful of cheap substitues, these may be Can-Bus style bulbs which mean they can be monitored by the computer and may cause error codes if they are not the right kind or done correctly.

Lastly, Congrats! Maybe there is hope that mine will show up a month early!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Make sure the backup camera lens is clean and free of any shipping residue.
Checked and it seems clean, the camera is so out of focus. i will take to the dealer to check

I wish my SA calls me early to collect my car. Problem is that I have been in contact and it is little earlier than on schedule.
Congrats and enjoy it.
arriving early is fine, but i really wished the SA have called me with at lease a week notice, so i can start preparing financially and physically.

The clutch will get a little looser as it wears in. I especially noticed it when shifting into Reverse the first time versus a couple of times later.
i still need to get to use to it, all the previous manual stick cars i either pulls up or push down the stick to go to reverse.
and when i shift to 1st gear, i always thinking is not there yet, and tries to push further, but i think i will get it used to in no time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LED lights can be added after the fact, check out Suncoast for their kit, $89 IIRC. Be careful of cheap substitues, these may be Can-Bus style bulbs which mean they can be monitored by the computer and may cause error codes if they are not the right kind or done correctly.

Lastly, Congrats! Maybe there is hope that mine will show up a month early!!!

I checked, and i think that LED kit only replace light but do not add lights.
and my cayman GTS does not have light at footwell.

don't understand why Porsche is trying to save money on something like this

1 - 20 of 32 Posts