Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, after eye-ing a Cayman S for nearly 2 years, I was in a position to pick one up. I'm now the proud owner of an 08 CS in Arctic Silver Metallic.

I have to say, I was pretty anxious doing my car shopping 100% online and working out the particulars from across the globe (military deployment), but could not be happier with the end result. I caught a flight to Dallas to pick up the car, drove it down to Houston to visit the family, and will be driving it back home to SoCal this week. It's going to be a long and straight drive, so my main goal is to not get arrested. :burnout:

It's been so long since driving was fun, and this car is just what I've been looking for.

Now to figure out getting XM or an iPod/iPhone setup.

Dealer pictures below. I need to get out and get some of my own.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome Home!

Congratulations

Semper Fi

Harriers? please.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Congrats!! Welcome home, and thank you for your service!

My dad recently bought a new '09 Cayman online while in Afghanistan. I went to North Carolina to pick it up for him. He was a little nervous about the online purchase also, but the dealership made him feel comfortable. He won't be home for R&R until June, so it's just sittin' in his garage waitin' for him.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Congrats on the new car.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Congrats!! Welcome home, and thank you for your service!

My dad recently bought a new '09 Cayman online while in Afghanistan. I went to North Carolina to pick it up for him. He was a little nervous about the online purchase also, but the dealership made him feel comfortable. He won't be home for R&R until June, so it's just sittin' in his garage waitin' for him.
A new Cayman waiting for him to get home is my idea of an ideal R&R. May I suggest he really study the owner's manual. Teh car has lots of nifty features. I had to really study before I found them all. And in South Carolina, you can easily reach some neat mountain roads. Around Highlands, Cashiers, and such. Wonderful driving roads. Enjoy and drive safely.

I think the Gen 2 owner's manual is also on line at this site so he can print it and study it on the long flight home. Ed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts