Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Folks,

After 2 decades of dreaming, years of contemplating, months of researching, and hours on the configurator, I've finally placed in an order for my first Porsche (brand new 2015 Cayman). I still can't believe this day has come. Before sharing the options I went with, I wanted to take the time and thank all those members who have been helping and guiding the newbies like myself. This is a great family to join in (though some of the Porsche owners that I know around town didn't have much interest in helping out), and I'm glad I can count on you guys here.

Here it is:

Cayman 2.7
-Manual
-Premium Package with Power Sports Seats
-Rhodium Silver Metallic
-Black interior
-Bi-Xenon (PDLS)
-Park Assist (front/rear)
-Power folding side mirrors
-Heated steering wheel
-Sport Tailpipes
-Standard 18in Cayman Wheels
-Wheel Center Caps colored with the Porsche Crest

It is a simple car, where I was able afford it. I'm not a too many options type of guy. Anyday I'd take a simple Porsche over a loaded, more hp BMW for the same price. Bells and whistles are nice, but I'd rather put my money into the design and engineering of the car, and I believe I can sleep peaceful at nights that this car won't disappoint me, especially since I'm upgrading from a 2003 Honda Civic (115hp, no tach no clock in the car. It cracks me up when I read online that the 2.7 may not be poweful enough:)). I just hope the reliability of this car is closer to the Honda spectrum than the Mercedes/Audi/VW spectrum. Only time will tell, but my understanding is if I take care of the car well it will take care of you well.

If everything goes well Feb or March I should have the car (knock on wood).

Regards,

Ozgur

Reactions: tangram

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nice build, very close to what I am thinking for mine. Trying to settle on color still

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
54 Posts
Congrats! You will not be disappointed, Porsche will give you unforgettable driving experience, and welcome to 981 club!

Folks,

After 2 decades of dreaming, years of contemplating, months of researching, and hours on the configurator, I've finally placed in an order for my first Porsche (brand new 2015 Cayman). I still can't believe this day has come. Before sharing the options I went with, I wanted to take the time and thank all those members who have been helping and guiding the newbies like myself. This is a great family to join in (though some of the Porsche owners that I know around town didn't have much interest in helping out), and I'm glad I can count on you guys here.

Here it is:

Cayman 2.7
-Manual
-Premium Package with Power Sports Seats
-Rhodium Silver Metallic
-Black interior
-Bi-Xenon (PDLS)
-Park Assist (front/rear)
-Power folding side mirrors
-Heated steering wheel
-Sport Tailpipes
-Standard 18in Cayman Wheels
-Wheel Center Caps colored with the Porsche Crest

It is a simple car, where I was able afford it. I'm not a too many options type of guy. Anyday I'd take a simple Porsche over a loaded, more hp BMW for the same price. Bells and whistles are nice, but I'd rather put my money into the design and engineering of the car, and I believe I can sleep peaceful at nights that this car won't disappoint me, especially since I'm upgrading from a 2003 Honda Civic (115hp, no tach no clock in the car. It cracks me up when I read online that the 2.7 may not be poweful enough:)). I just hope the reliability of this car is closer to the Honda spectrum than the Mercedes/Audi/VW spectrum. Only time will tell, but my understanding is if I take care of the car well it will take care of you well.

If everything goes well Feb or March I should have the car (knock on wood).

Regards,

Ozgur

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Congrats! I'm sure you're so excited!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Where in Oregon? Don't count on February. March at the earliest is more like it. You will have plenty of folks on this forum to commisuate with while you wait. It really helps a lot. I've been waiting since late June. Should be at the dealer today, but it is my sales rep's day off & I'm out of state for another couple of days.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where in Oregon? Don't count on February. March at the earliest is more like it. You will have plenty of folks on this forum to commisuate with while you wait. It really helps a lot. I've been waiting since late June. Should be at the dealer today, but it is my sales rep's day off & I'm out of state for another couple of days.
I just got confirmation that the production will be complete on Dec5th, 2014 with arrival date of Feb6th, 2015 to my dealer. It seems like I got lucky where my dealer was able to lock in a slot before it got locked in:) We'll see when I actually get the car

·
Registered
700 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the virtual family!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
299 Posts
Here is what I know with 100% certainly: You very be a very happy person the first time you turn the key of your new Cayman and hear the Flat-6 come to life.
+1 Can I get an Amen!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Congratulations it's a nice build.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Congrats, you are going to love this car!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats!

I am like you, have been dreaming about a Porsche for a long long time. Finally got one with very similar build as yours.

Collected my Cayman 2.7 last month and am very happy with it.
Debated about the wheel size a lot, as most in the forum liked the 19 or 20" wheels better. At the end, I ordered the 18" as I just didn't want
too firm a ride.

Here are some pics, which should give you a good idea of how yours would look.

IMG_0467.jpg IMG_5440.jpg DSC_3108.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats!

I am like you, have been dreaming about a Porsche for a long long time. Finally got one with very similar build as yours.

Collected my Cayman 2.7 last month and am very happy with it.
Debated about the wheel size a lot, as most in the forum liked the 19 or 20" wheels better. At the end, I ordered the 18" as I just didn't want
too firm a ride.

Here are some pics, which should give you a good idea of how yours would look.

View attachment 52909 View attachment 52910 View attachment 52908

Thanks alot for the photo's Shleong. Your car looks great. I have to admit the red trim interior is probably the best color combo that goes with the silver metallic color. Mine is full on black interior, which i also like, especially how nicely the chrome trims matches with the outer color. Enjoy your car. It looks very nice!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
+1 Can I get an Amen!
+2.... Amen!

Welcome to the "Waiters Club"! It's a great club to join..:dance:, yet membership can be tough.:wall: Best not to have too long a membership!

Ordered my Cayman on Oct 18, 2014. Received production "Start Date" of Dec 09, 2015 before I left the dealer. Planned "Delivery" of Feb 27, 2015.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts