Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! My long search is officially over, and my dearly departed '08 CS has been replaced! I am very excited and appreciate all the advice I got here during my searching. I was so fed up with the high prices of 987.2 CSs that I almost got a 997.2 C2S (the green one that I posted about a couple months ago) but it was bought out from under me! I am after all living in Paris until early July so that has been a decent hindrance to my efforts. Well my search ended today when my sister drove from L.A. to San Diego to exchange the check I had mailed her for the title of a 2011 Cayman S with two years of CPO warranty. Specs below:

Limited Slip Rear Differential Lock
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Multi-stage Heating System
19" Carrera S II Wheel
Set of Wheel Centers with Full-color Porsche Crest
Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
Seat Ventilation Front
Bluetooth Interface for Mobile Phone

Sport Chrono Package Plus
Floor Mats in Interior Color
PDK 3-Spoke Sports Steering Wheel with Shift Paddles
G1
Guards Red
P15
Electrically adjustable seats
P4N
Convenience Package
P4W
Infotainment Package with BOSE®
TD
Sand Beige Standard Leather

The irony is that there was a nice red CPO Cayman S in Canada a few months ago that only lacked Sport Chrono, which I know can be added for around $1k minus the stopwatch. It was a bit cheaper than what I paid for this one womp womp womp. But at the time my wife absolutely refused to accept a red sports car into her life; after months of my pitiful fruitless searching, she finally softened a bit.

But although I paid a bit more than I wanted to, this car just feels right. It has all my must-have options plus every option I had always dreamed about having. It's CPO. It's got those cool LED daytime running lights and LED brake lights. It's got the Sports Steering wheel. And the former owner is a really stand-up guy and an immensely experienced Porsche owner and Porsche racer. I've learned so much about driving Porsche sports cars through our correspondence. And the fact that it's in San Diego is so convenient for me that it just makes me laugh. My family has a house there and I have to make a trip in June for some family business. So the former owner is keeping it garaged for me until I arrive, tethered to a trickle charger and he's even going to bring it up to operating temperature weekly.

I'm so excited!! And I thank you all for all your input and ideas! Can't wait till I'm back in the seat! Will post official ownership pics in June!:cheers:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Congratulations! It is a well optioned car and other than the PDK (sorry, I am a manual guy through and through) I would have bought it too, (if I were on the west coast and didn't have a 2015 on order). Can't wait to see the pictures, both of the car and of the car in a beautiful place, which is another thread here. And red is an awesome color!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Congrats! Your car is an absolute unicorn- you are quite literally the first Boxster or Cayman of any type or model year I've seen that checked all the performance boxes- PDK, PASM, SC & LSD! Sure, it's weighed down with some unnecessary luxury options, but they're at least nice ones. Enjoy your new car, I'm quite envious :)

You'd better go out and track it!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Congrats! I backed out of a deal a few months ago for a very similer one with 1400 miles on it for $50k, but it did not have PDK or SC. The only reason I backed out was I found this one at a dealer 10 miles from home who offered a nice trade for my 09 Cayenne GTS, and saved me traveling 2700 miles to buy the Red one. My next one will be Red if I can find one.

With those options and warranty, you'll want for nothing. Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Congrats on finding the car that has everything you wanted. Sounds like a beauty.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Congrats on a great find. You'll never mind paying a bit extra for something you want.

If the prev owner is just starting it up and letting it run for a few minutes, tell him NOT to do that as it's worse for the car than letting it sit.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the congrats everybody! I'm counting the days until I get over there to take possession of it. Yeah Sjfehr this will be the first car I've ever had with a LSD on it; that was one of the cool options that wasn't on my "must-have" list that is an awesome bonus. I'm going to join PCA this summer and get plugged into the Metro NY chapter (I'm moving to Westchester) and so will probably drive on a track for the first time ever this fall. Not planning to get too involved at the track just yet because I spent all my play money getting the car itself! And Husker Boxster the seller has agreed to keep his insurance going on the car and drive it around once a week to get it up to temp. Was a bit nervous about having him drive it at first but this guy has proven over and over to be so legit that I'm at ease about it and I think it will be better for the car than sitting there untouched for a month, no?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Not planning to get too involved at the track just yet because I spent all my play money getting the car itself! And Husker Boxster the seller has agreed to keep his insurance going on the car and drive it around once a week to get it up to temp. Was a bit nervous about having him drive it at first but this guy has proven over and over to be so legit that I'm at ease about it and I think it will be better for the car than sitting there untouched for a month, no?
Good move on waiting to play until you're financially ready. Even casual playing costs money - you have to prep the car for tech regardless of how hard you drive. When I expanded to 2 Porsches with the purchase of my 07 CS, I too waited a yr to be financially ready. It was a good move. Not easy, but good.

As a far as leaving it for a month, I've left my Boxster unstarted and not on a battery tender for 2 mo and it has been fine. But actually driving the car is better than starting it and just letting it run. Your choice whether he drives it or it sits, but I would let it sit. He might be the most cautious and trustworthy guy in the world. The idiot blasting into the intersection texting while he / she runs the red light isn't.

Hope the days fly by til you take possession.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts