Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
She's alive! Still a lot of stuff to put back together in the car, but I got the engine in and started today. I was honestly surprised at how well it went, so far anyway. I got everything installed and hooked up, ran the fuel pump for 15 or 20 seconds to get fuel to the injectors and then sent it! It fired up immediately and had 80 psi of oil pressure within 5 seconds or so. Now to get it road worthy and do some test/break-in drives.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
On the road again! About 50 miles so far and everything is looking pretty good. There's some weird things that I need to figure out. My heated seats don't work, garage door opener doesn't do anything, and the TPMS and chronometer have disappeared from the dash display. I've read something about a dealer handover or something needing to be done if the battery is disconnected, so I may be in for a visit to the dealer. I also have a weird clank that happens sometimes on start or if I botch 1st gear and kill the engine. I wonder if my engine mounts are shot. They looked fine, so I didn't change them, but maybe I should have. The last thing is an intermittent hesitation on acceleration. It's just a quick hiccup. Might just need time for the ECU to relearn everything, we'll see.
For now, I just need to drive it about 50 more miles and get the first oil change done. Oh, and it definitely needs a good wash this weekend.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

41 - 45 of 45 Posts