Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just shy one week of being a six month wait, I finally got my CS!
I'm in love again!
I joined this group Feb 2008 and new I would eventually get one, but I didn't think it would be this long.
Carrera White/Sand beige , PDK mostly comfort features.
Thanks to Planet 9, it's staff and members for all the great info and exchanges.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Congrats on the new car. Felt longer than a six month wait I am sure.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Congrats, what option did you decided on? White and black are my two favorite colors, nice color choice.

dave-t

·
Registered
291 Posts
Congratulations!!!

I got mine last Wednesday after a 10 week wait. I cannot imagine how hard 6 months might have been. White was high on my list and the light interior just makes your car look so much roomier. Looks like that you have Sports Chrono, what else did you order? Please post some interior pics, as well.

Enjoy your new car,

Tamas

·
Registered
882 Posts
Welcome. May I first suggest you really study the owner's manual. I was discovering new features weeks after I got my CS. lIke the slot by the passenger seat is for a small umbrella. I found one that fits perfectly.

Wonderful car. Fund to drive, and yet quite practical. With some thought, my wife and I packed the Cayman for a 4 week trip to Colorado with all the stuff we needed inside. Incuding a suit and dress for a formal dinner.

Second, after you've had it several weeks, may I suggest a mini-vacation away from big cities. Look for a region with twisty roads. You will return truly smitten. I did and still am.

Drive safely. Ed

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Just shy one week of being a six month wait, I finally got my CS!
I'm in love again!
I joined this group Feb 2008 and new I would eventually get one, but I didn't think it would be this long.
Carrera White/Sand beige , PDK mostly comfort features.
Thanks to Planet 9, it's staff and members for all the great info and exchanges.
I was thinking on Friday that you might be at the Dealer picking up your car, guess I was a day early. Well mine was 2 weeks short of 6 months, so you win. Have fun with the new toy!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the replies.
My car is for daily use (when I'm not on a motorcycle) so with the PDK I got the Sport Chrono Plus w/nav, Blutooth, Power seats, BiXenon w/DynCornering, PCM Vioce Control, Multifunction Steering Wheel, Front Intake in Exterior Color, Seat Belts in interior Color.
I got the side stripes from KI Studios. Already installed Das Schild and put Wheel Wax on all 4.
Although I read the Owner's Manual about 4 times while waiting for the car, it seems like I still have a lot to learn.
I thought I would be getting a clear bra installed, bur after following Falcon7's thread on the subject, I can't decide.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Very similar car to mine. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Congratulations, this is the comment I post on another thread:

Interesting comments about the Cayman future. I have a good friend that ordered a 2010 Cayman in January for a late March build with April delivery. The dealer had an allocation for that order and it was accepted by Porsche AG. With production scheduled assigned. Well the production has steadily been moved back week by week on the Porsche production schedule and is now forecast for mid May production. Remember this is not an dealer inventory unit but a customer sold unit. Our local dealer has queried the regional rep and he has no answer for the repeated delays. The question then, are others seeing delays in their customer ordered units with valid Porsche dealer allocations?

It would seem there is a real slowdown at the Finnish plant. I wonder if it is a result of Porsche's decision to move production or a decision to drastically reduce production of the Cayman (S) in general

By the way they were great at VIR and gave the 911 all it could handle. Great racing by both drivers.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It would seem there is a real slowdown at the Finnish plant. I wonder if it is a result of Porsche's decision to move production or a decision to drastically reduce production of the Cayman (S) in general

Is that so? It seems to me that the Cayman is very much downplayed. They seem to be neglected by the dealers and appear to be the stepchild of the Porsche family.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.