Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the average finance rate for 5/6 years for a Cayman? I was just quoted %6.75 for 5 years by a dealer in Toronto for 2016 Cayman GTS. This sounds very high to me. Is it because I'm new to Porsche world?
Should I just ignore the finance rate and negotiate the actual price of the car instead?

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Porsche Financial rates - leasing and purchase - are higher than what just about any other manufacturer offers. They had 3.99 leases on 718s recently, but 5-6 percent is more typical. Loans are on par with non-preferred client rates at major banks, and the 6.75 you were offered is pretty typical. Better to use a LOC if possible, or a credit union loan if you are a member of one.

Our friends south of the of the border appear to have many more options at much more attractive interest rates for Porsche financing than Canadians.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Not sure of what money costs these days, but the financing would presumably be done by others. The big banks do much of it . I would check what rate you can get from a bank, either a loan or a line of credit. Then negotiate the price of the car.

If you are financing a used 981, you will be towards the lower end of their customer wealth scale, but they will still be quite happy to take your money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts