Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I just wanted to share with you my new product, the SLOTTED SHIFT KNOB

For more details, I have a thread going in the 987 Modifications forum: http://www.planet-9.com/987-cayman-boxster-modifications/105247-firm-up-your-shifter.html

Check it out, and let me know what you think! The distinct cutout design adds grips and promotes faster temperature equalization to ambient, so the shift knob more quickly cools down in the summer and heats up in the winter.

You can also check out the product page for full details. Thanks for taking a look, and I welcome any and all feedback!

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
These type knobs look really good and actually add weight to the top of the shifter and can actually smooth it out....one reminder, you will feel heat and cold MUCH more in these. I had one on my 08 CS in Birmingham and after sitting outside all day, that knob was pretty darned hot to the touch.

·
Vendor
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These type knobs look really good and actually add weight to the top of the shifter and can actually smooth it out....one reminder, you will feel heat and cold MUCH more in these. I had one on my 08 CS in Birmingham and after sitting outside all day, that knob was pretty darned hot to the touch.

Yes, that was one of the big concerns with standard solid billet shift knobs. I went into more detail in the other thread (Firm up your shifter), but I implemented the slots to shed heat and speed temperature equalization with ambient. It's the dead of winter here in NJ, and the knob quickly comes up to temp, despite leaving it out in freezing temps. It helps that the central dash air vents point at the shift knob.

So the slots help with temp, as well as provide a no-slip grip, which is a problem I encountered with spherical shift knobs in the past under aggressive shifting.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
How about a wood version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback!

I am working on some other more classic ball shifter designs as well, so I'll look to incorporate some other materials potentially (ie. Delrin or wood).

As for the custom colors, that would look cool to get some color inside the slots! Only thing is that would require A LOT of post processing, unfortunately.

Thanks, and as always, I look forward to hearing your feedback, critiques, and suggestions.

·
Vendor
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys, there's been interest in the Slotted Shift Knob finished in a Satin Black anodize.

I need at least 4 more pre-orders to make this happen, as my anodizer has a minimum qty for running the bath.

Who's in for Satin Black??? Please shoot me a PM if interested. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts