Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone! I'm attending my first AutoX event with PCA Golden Gate Region this Saturday (11/15) in Alameda! :banana:

If anyone else is attending, I hope to see you there. I'll be easy to spot with my glacially slow times around the course.

I'm reading up on autocross etiquette and technique. If there are any tips that you'd give to a very neophyte driver, I'd be very happy to hear it.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Stop when you see a red flag, don't run over course workers and don't do the course backwards.:hilarious:
Hi Everyone! I'm attending my first AutoX event with PCA Golden Gate Region this Saturday (11/15) in Alameda! :banana:

If anyone else is attending, I hope to see you there. I'll be easy to spot with my glacially slow times around the course.

I'm reading up on autocross etiquette and technique. If there are any tips that you'd give to a very neophyte driver, I'd be very happy to hear it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Don't worry about being slow. Just be sure to review the provided course map so that you don't lost. You will find me there in my Boxster.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whoa! That was a great time. The event organizers were immensely helpful. I can't stress enough how nice all the fellow attendees were. I think I'm hooked. I'm just sorry I waited until the last event of the season to get into this.

As for how I did...I somehow managed to be excruciating slow, get lost, AND take out a small herd of cones. I'll chalk this up as a learning experience and come back next season eager to improve.

PANO_20141115_074130[1].jpg

View attachment PANO_20141115_093430[1].jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts