Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I’m super excited to buy my first Porsche Boxster. Looking at up to 1 year old (2019) and have seen base model and an S I like similar spec. S is £5k more coming with sports chrono package (base doesn’t have). Only test driven the base model and loved it, felt a sight lag but not bothered by it. Question is does the S drive the same (if both have 20’’ wheels) obviously S has more power but is it a harder ride?
Never going to use it for track day, only a weekend car, the extra £5k over 5 years doesn’t bother me. More about the ride and comfort etc. Does the sport chrono pack have a setting for a more comfort ride than the base model?
Really appreciate your input.
Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
SC does a lot of things and is worth having. The suspension will not change with the Sport or Sport Plus settings unless the car has PASM. The transmission mounts do stiffen up with Sport Plus.

The cars will drive pretty much the same unless one of them has the sport suspension or PASM. If comfort is very important to you, make sure you drive the car first. These are sports cars and the ride is firm in any suspension configuration and the car is loud. The seats are excellent and I can drive all day without getting sore, but the car is no Lexus. You feel all the bumps.

Everything else being equal, £5k for an upgrade to an S is a good deal. The delta for current new models is about £9k.

Good luck and enjoy. Best cars on earth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve. I’ve test driven the base not the S, so wanted your opinion on whether the ride is the same. Not able to test drive the S. the Porsche garage near me wanted me to be liable for £1000 excess if anyone damaged the test car regardless of my fault.
Base car has this:
  • 20" Carrera S Alloy Wheels
  • Porsche PDK 7 Speed Double Clutch Transmission
  • Heated Seats
  • Heated Multi Function Steering Wheel
  • Automatic Air Conditioning
  • Park Assist
  • Power Steering Plus
  • BOSE Surround Sound System
  • Sports Seats Plus
  • Sports Tailpipes in Black
  • Roll Over Bar in Exterior Colour
  • 64 Litre Fuel Tank
  • 718 Logo Painted
  • Porsche Crest Embossed Head Rests
  • Electric Folding Exterior Mirrors

• Boxster S has this:
  • 20in Alloy Wheels - Carrera Classic
  • BOSE Surround Sound System
  • Bi-Xenon Headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System - PDLS
  • Cruise Control
  • GT Sports Steering Wheel
  • Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel
  • Model Designation Painted
  • Park Assist - Front and Rear
  • Porsche Crest Embossed on Head Restraints
  • Seat Heating
  • Smoking Package
  • Speed Limit Indicator
  • Sport Chrono Package including Mode Switch
  • Sports Seats Plus- Electrical 2 Way

• am I missing anything or are these spec’s fine?
  • What would you choose if £5k in it?
    Thanks everyone
    Darren

1 - 3 of 3 Posts