Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FullSizeRender.jpg

Ignore the idiot taking the picture causing a shadow. Washed the car. Clay'd. Polished with Griots #2...twice....and then One Step Sealant. Interior didn't need much. Just leather care. Much much much better than the dealer cleanup. Very pleased. She just glows now.

Next Friday replacing the front tire /30's with /35's.....

Reactions: Wild Weasel

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
Absolutely beautiful car and it looks great! I would have started with something milder just to see if that would do the job but if you are happy with the results then that's all that matters. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Beside the "idiot" taking the picture with the huge black shadow and that green recycle thingy in the background:cheers:, the car looks awesome. Congrats!!!

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Absolutely beautiful car and it looks great! I would have started with something milder just to see if that would do the job but if you are happy with the results then that's all that matters. :cheers:

Yeah....It needed at least #2. Swirl city. Griot's just released a new polish with a filler. I'm going to drive down to their store next week and buy a bottle to try out. I was crazy pleased with the before-after difference....but there is still more to work on. Many thanks for the kind words.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beside the "idiot" taking the picture with the huge black shadow and that green recycle thingy in the background:cheers:, the car looks awesome. Congrats!!!
I fully support clothes and shoe recycling. :dance:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Yeah....It needed at least #2. Swirl city. Griot's just released a new polish with a filler. I'm going to drive down to their store next week and buy a bottle to try out. I was crazy pleased with the before-after difference....but there is still more to work on. Many thanks for the kind words.
This time i got 15 CS before they could touch it. Only let them wash it, looks great (yellow). My 14 CS was black and had sat outside on a dealers lot for 8 mounts before i bought it. Tons of micro scratches, i spent an honest 125 hours and $1000+ on the paint over the six mounts i owned it. Bought a Rupes 21 and a Flex 3401 plus lots of expensive polishes, waxes,sealents and a paint thickness gauge to get it looking like a mirror . now its sitting on a dealers lot again. I will tell you one thing i got really good at detailing!!
Love yellow, low maintenance, not like my wife..carl

·
Registered
206 Posts
I believe Griot's recommends polishing with #3 after the #2, do you believe this is necessary. I polished with #3 this past summer and still had some swirls and scratches that would not come out. Mind you, I am probably the only person that can see them. I did purchase some #2 to use when the car is out of storage next spring.
If I do not have to use #3 polish after the #2 it would save a lot of effort and time.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe Griot's recommends polishing with #3 after the #2, do you believe this is necessary. I polished with #3 this past summer and still had some swirls and scratches that would not come out. Mind you, I am probably the only person that can see them. I did purchase some #2 to use when the car is out of storage next spring.
If I do not have to use #3 polish after the #2 it would save a lot of effort and time.
I am lucky enough to be able to live within a quick drive of the Griot's Tacoma store. I've spoken with them in person many times. They've never tried to sell me on #3. Just #2....and then a polish. My car needs a few more hours of #2 and then she will be good to go. Finish with a wicked high-gloss poly-wax.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I did not even let them wash it. I have a sign in the glove compartment in case it needs to go to the dealer reminding them to "Please do not wash." I leave it on the dash whenever necessary. Only hand washing here for my baby.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts