Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
@Wattsie--I can't speak for the U.K., but across the Pond we use bonnet when talking about our British cars (I own a MINI, too). With Porsches, the front trunk is called the "frunk."
Haha I'll bear the frunk in mind!

Fun to put the cat amongst the pigeons from time to time... I once started a war on the MPower owners club by saying I didnt use the two bucket method to wash my car! Haha

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks... i love the car, the colour is great and I do quite like the photo! It's a bit of a hobby I dont get to indulge in as much as I'd like to!

hahaha makes 2 of us I just replaced the cabin & air filter on mine and about to go lay some stripes LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
looks like you are in Scotland ?

Hi everyone, Ive been lurking around this forum reading all I can for a while, doing my homework, but now I finally have a set of Porsche keys, I figured to introduce myself and say Hi!

Hi!

Just yesterday, swapped my beloved Audi S5 for a stunning little blue Cayman.... fancied a change and trying to avoid a massive service cost!

Sure I'll have many questions and queries along the way until I class myself as an knowledgable owner, bu ti the meantime, please be gentle on any newbie stuff! haha

Anyway, as there will no doubt be a tirade of 'wheres the pictures?!' ... heres is my first shot, taken on the way home from the garage.

View attachment 265898

Gotta say, i'm loving the drive so far, not been one for wallflower cars for a long time, but i'm enjoying the change from low down grunt of my old 4.2 V8 and to the more revvy little number!

off to get my dash cam, rear camera and bluetooth module wired in today and go driving.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone, Ive been lurking around this forum reading all I can for a while, doing my homework, but now I finally have a set of Porsche keys, I figured to introduce myself and say Hi!

Hi!

Just yesterday, swapped my beloved Audi S5 for a stunning little blue Cayman.... fancied a change and trying to avoid a massive service cost!

Sure I'll have many questions and queries along the way until I class myself as an knowledgable owner, bu ti the meantime, please be gentle on any newbie stuff! haha

Anyway, as there will no doubt be a tirade of 'wheres the pictures?!' ... heres is my first shot, taken on the way home from the garage.

View attachment 265898

Gotta say, i'm loving the drive so far, not been one for wallflower cars for a long time, but i'm enjoying the change from low down grunt of my old 4.2 V8 and to the more revvy little number!

off to get my dash cam, rear camera and bluetooth module wired in today and go driving.
I love the photo. Well done.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Nope... that was near snake pass near glossop...looks very Scottish though!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Watts thanks for the update on the Bluetooth mod for your PCM 2.1.
mine is a cdr24 so I guess no joy for me.
Meanwhile I’m using a Bluetooth FM transmitter which works well-to-okay-ish 😅
Not to hijack, but I did the same thing with my CDR24 for a while and since the FM antenna was so close the audio was "fine." Recently though, I installed a Tranzit BLU unit. It required an adapter cable and basically the way it works is it taps into the FM radio input on the back of the CDR24 head unit. The audio quality is still not quite as good as a real aux or built in solution, but it's a little bit better.

The biggest plus is I now have a mic just behind my steering wheel and and little green button which allows me to skip a song, answer/hang up a phone call, and the song names appear on the CDR24's display. There are a few cons, but overall an improvement and I think it's about worth the $70 it cost me. The phone functionality, especially with the manual trans, is a huge improvement as before I just wouldn't answer my phone at all while driving much to the frustration of my family and friends.

Send me a PM and I can give some more details about what I purchased exactly - or google "Tranzit BLU Porsche" and someone on another forum has made a nice guide (which I followed with excellent results).

·
Registered
877 Posts
Another +1 for the Tranzit BLU. Not as good as a head unit replacement but about 1/10 the cost. And way better than the FM transmitters.

·
Registered
12 Posts
A fellow noob!! Interesting to year you first thoughts.. what have you swapped from??

Coming from an e82 (ye olde 128i) It has done me jsutice for the most part but after driving the cayman nonstop for a few weeks it feels like total crap now hahahah. Changing to an SSK definitely was necessary for the cayman and Im already working on overhauling the whole audio thing (this bose system is depressing). But it revs a LOT easier than the e82 and is unmatched in corners.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts