Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys - my service is coming up (10,000) and I called the dealer ahead of time to check on the cost. They said $450 ($175 for oil change and the rest is for standard checks). I am in Northern NJ. Was wondering whether anyone has gone to a porsche non dealer shop for service? I know the PCA ads list a few places to go for service. Has anyone gone to a non dealer place for service? If so, how much did you pay? If you got it fixed at the dealer, how much did you pay? etc..... ;)

$450 seems alot

·
Registered
149 Posts
My dealer, where I bought my car new, wanted $700 for a 12K service, so I did my own oil, filter & microfilter and took the car to a local trusted independent for code readouts & visual inspections for a grand total of $250. Dave

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Who is the dealer?

I've moved this thread to the Nor'Easter region to help you get better answers.

My 1-yr service was with Ray Catena. I don't remember the exact number, but is was between $200 and $300 for the oil change and checks.

I know Jack Daniels has a rep for being $$$. Paul Miller is another good choice in the area.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for moving my thread since this is the best area. I bought the car from Paul Miller. I know I have seen adds in the PCA mags for non dealer Porsche garages. I forgot the name but I think one of them is in Morristown and they only service Porsche's. I can see the oil change of $175 as being reasonable but an additional $275 for other checks does not seem reasonable. And not sure if I have the time (or the skills) to do it myself. :(

·
VLAGER
292 Posts
I want to make sure that there is no way that Porsche can deny a warranty claim on the engine because I could not document that oil changes were made at a dealer. As long as my car is under warranty, I will pay to have the oil changed at a dealership. just my 2 cents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts