Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 2014 Cayman S in for its first ( 15,000 KM ) service. $440 for an oil change, although they did wash the car and clean the interior. The dealer is over 2 1/2 hours away and I was wondering if there are any warranty requirements stating that the car has to be serviced by a Porsche dealer. The next town over from me has a garage that is recommended by the Porsche Club of America. Can I take it there for regular maintenance without voiding the warranty?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Good question, as I have always done my own oil changes. Figure I can bring the car into the dealer once a year for service inspection and keep receipts showing the oil was changed. Like to have the car hooked up to the mothership once a year to check for updates and such.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Generally speaking, the warranty will not be voided if routine service is done by a independent shop. Two things though: 1) be sure all recommended service is completed as per Porsche service requirements, and 2) be sure to retain all receipts showing work completed.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
Took my 2014 Cayman S in for its first ( 15,000 KM ) service. $440 for an oil change, although they did wash the car and clean the interior. The dealer is over 2 1/2 hours away and I was wondering if there are any warranty requirements stating that the car has to be serviced by a Porsche dealer. The next town over from me has a garage that is recommended by the Porsche Club of America. Can I take it there for regular maintenance without voiding the warranty?
I am not sure about Canada but this is not a problem in the US. Your warranty is fine here. I got my service done at a PCA recommended Indy for $125. I washed the car myself.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Had my first oil change/service done today at an independent Porsche shop for total cost of $155.00. The indi charges $90.00 per hour the dealer charges $195.00 per hour. There is a Federal law in the U.S. that allows you to have service done where ever you want and this does not effect any warranties. My indi has over 50 years Porsche dealer experience with there mechanics.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
20,000 mile service.......$1,800. OK, now that I have your attention :). Actually it was 20,000 mile including brake system flush, new wipers et al, new rear tires (yep, I got 20,000 miles out of the original rears and had just hit the wear bars), 4 wheel alignment. It was nice to get the PCA discount (applied to everything but the tires). I am now good for another 20,000 except for my every 5,000 mile oil and filter. I am always amazed at how much sharper the steering is when the 4 wheel alignment is done. I have had it done on all 3 Caymans I have owned with the exact same, positive impact.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts