Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 CS and just got my first service light at 15000 mi--I did an oil change at 7500 after break in but what is entailed in this service?? Cost, etc thanks for the reply

·
Registered
309 Posts
not sure what is involved (whole lot of checks besides oil change) but it costs $450. I think the oil change is $150 and the rest of the cost is the checks. I have 7,500 miles but I did ask what to expect. Seems steep. Not sure what prices everyone else was quoted

·
Registered
732 Posts
not sure what is involved (whole lot of checks besides oil change) but it costs $450. I think the oil change is $150 and the rest of the cost is the checks. I have 7,500 miles but I did ask what to expect. Seems steep. Not sure what prices everyone else was quoted
**** I don't know where you live but $450 seems to be "over the top" for a first servce. $150 for the oil change may be about right but the balance is a "rip" since it's just ckecks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Think of it as you funding the expedition to find things wrong with your car. Personally, if the car is under warranty, then I think it is money well spent since you want any issues to be found and repaired under warranty.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Think of it as you funding the expedition to find things wrong with your car. Personally, if the car is under warranty, then I think it is money well spent since you want any issues to be found and repaired under warranty.

Amen to that. For the same reasons you visit the doctor and/or dentist annually. The cost of regular maintenance is small compared to major repair work later.

They can provide you a list of major and minor maintenance inspection items. I also make sure they change air and cabin filters annually as well. Brake fluid is changed more frequently before a DE. Money well spent. Ed

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have an 08 CS and just got my first service light at 15000 mi--I did an oil change at 7500 after break in but what is entailed in this service?? Cost, etc thanks for the reply
I also have an '08 CS. I changed my own oil/filter at 2K & 6K. The owners manual tells you what's involved in a 12K initial service. Your dealer will tell you what they will charge for this. My dealer told me $700, so I changed my own oil/filter & particle filter, then took it to a well-recommended local independent Porsche-specialty shop to have the checks done for $150. The dealer vs independent vs self maintenance decision ultimately boils down to cost and risk-tolerance. Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts