Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started up my 09 CS after 3 months in the garage on a trickle charger. A message came up "service now." The car is just over 1 year old so I called the local dealer (which I did not buy from) and he quoted me $500 to do the 1 year service. I asked him if I just wanted an oil change and he quoted me $225 for the oil change and $100 to reset the service reminder. I called the selling dealer 60 miles from here and he quoted me $279 for the first service with resetting the reminder included. Looks like I'm headed to Buffalo tomorrow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You would think that standard service charges would be the same between dealers (or at least close), but apparently not. I'm in the same town and I'll be making the same phone calls next time service is due on my CS.

·
last race, 1958 AD
478 Posts
I believe the biggest difference in what you get between your prices for service is that, for the lower price, they will not replace the cabin and engine air filters. These together are ABOUT $100 worth of parts. With a low usage car not driven in sand storms, these filters do not need replacing nearly as often as Porsche and the dealers would have you do. I have removed and vacuumed mine a couple of times but they never were discolored with dirt.
My dealer charged about $200 for a thorough inspection and readout for error codes at my two-year service. I change the oil myself. Tightwads Unite!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
When I got my 09 out for it's first run the service light came on indicating 20 days or 1800 miles. The mileage would take it to 10,000 miles. Since I have already changed the oil once I wasn't too worried about the notice. I checked with my dealer and the 1 year service would be $325.

·
Registered
64 Posts
1 year service. I've never heard of that. 2 year yes, but I think time service intervals don't make much sense. Besides the oil, which I would change if you didn't change it before the car was put away, you don't need anything else. Cabin/engine air filters are perfectly fine for much longer than Porsche indicates unless you are driving in a very dusty, dirty environment. Do yourself a favor and get the Durametric software so that you can reset the service indicator yourself. Furthmore, I'd think twice about using any Porshce dealer who wants to charge just resetting the light. Completely ridiculous!

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
997 Posts
When I got my 09 out for it's first run the service light came on indicating 20 days or 1800 miles. The mileage would take it to 10,000 miles. Since I have already changed the oil once I wasn't too worried about the notice. I checked with my dealer and the 1 year service would be $325.
I think "first year" service is synonymous with 10,000 mile service if you put that many miles in your first year (which I did). $325-350 seems to be the going range for that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts