Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

First time owner, 987.2 Cayman S

902 Views 22 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Aeneas137
Hey all, just joined. So excited to soon receive my 2009 CS! This forum seems quite amazing, I look forward to many good discussions and learning a ton!
Reactions: 5
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Welcome to the friendly Porsche forum! We're just as excited waiting to see pictures of your new CS...
Reactions: 1
when is your ride arriving? hopefully soon!
Forgot to update... Ride arrived in late May! Been putting a good amount of miles on it, including a road trip to Road America to watch the Indy cars.

Back home, it didn't take long before I had a cute blonde in the passenger seat:

Attachments

See less See more
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
First pic after getting off the truck:
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Car
See less See more
Reactions: 3
Welcome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Very nice! I see it's PDK - if it doesn't have the Sport/Sport-Plus buttons on the bottom row of buttons, start saving $$ now to buy the kit. It's roughly $1,100 from SunCoast and worth every penny. It makes the car SO fun to drive. It raises the threshold where PSM starts stepping in, and changes the shift characteristics for the PDK. Once you get that - you'll find a need for a steering wheel with flappy-paddles. Those can usually be found used for around $500-600 if you're patient.

Of course, you may already have the Sport/Sport-Plus since I see a lump on top of the dash (the useless chronometer, happily a clock fits right in there..)
Very nice! I see it's PDK - if it doesn't have the Sport/Sport-Plus buttons on the bottom row of buttons, start saving $$ now to buy the kit. It's roughly $1,100 from SunCoast and worth every penny. It makes the car SO fun to drive. It raises the threshold where PSM starts stepping in, and changes the shift characteristics for the PDK. Once you get that - you'll find a need for a steering wheel with flappy-paddles. Those can usually be found used for around $500-600 if you're patient.

Of course, you may already have the Sport/Sport-Plus since I see a lump on top of the dash (the useless chronometer, happily a clock fits right in there..)
Yep, this one has the Sport Chrono package, as well as an aftermarket Borla cat-back exhaust. Later this summer I'll be putting in the IPD plenum and larger throttle body to complement that. Can't wait! My four year old always asks to do some "sport mode" driving when we take it out. Super fun!
Yep, this one has the Sport Chrono package, as well as an aftermarket Borla cat-back exhaust. Later this summer I'll be putting in the IPD plenum and larger throttle body to complement that. Can't wait! My four year old always asks to do some "sport mode" driving when we take it out. Super fun!
That's great - you can start looking for a flappy-paddle steering wheel now.. :)
Ez
That's great - you can start looking for a flappy-paddle steering wheel now.. :)
Ah yeah that definitely has crossed my mind... The wheel shifters are super strange, but part of me wonders if they will eventually feel more intuitive than paddles... Back/forward motion seems very slightly easier for me to equate with down/up shifts than the left/right paddles.
Ez

Ah yeah that definitely has crossed my mind... The wheel shifters are super strange, but part of me wonders if they will eventually feel more intuitive than paddles... Back/forward motion seems very slightly easier for me to equate with down/up shifts than the left/right paddles.
I originally had them on both the Cayenne and the Boxster. They never became intuitive... now they're just on the Cayenne. The flappy paddles are used in racing for a reason. Easy and fast to use, with good feedback (something the rockers don't give.) Plus the wheel looks lots nicer (kinda early speedster look..)
Anyone know how many posts I need in order to list something for sale? I have the stock exhaust from this one I'd like to list.
Anyone know how many posts I need in order to list something for sale? I have the stock exhaust from this one I'd like to list.
Yes - 10. BUT - and it's a big BUT - do not make the posts just to get your post count up.. the mods are pretty god at spotting this sort of thing, and it results typically in your post count returning to zero. Make them real posts about real things, or real replies to actual asked questions.
Yes - 10. BUT - and it's a big BUT - do not make the posts just to get your post count up.. the mods are pretty god at spotting this sort of thing, and it results typically in your post count returning to zero. Make them real posts about real things, or real replies to actual asked questions.
Thank you! Yeah, not in a hurry so I'll make sure they are substantive posts.
  • Love
Welcome to the Forum. Have a nice Time with your car
Thats a nice looking 987! Wishing you many safe miles with your family members.

I tried to get used to the steering wheel buttons but after 4 years, I gave up and got the sport design steering wheel anyway. Never looked back since.
YMMV of course....

Nice car congratulations. Just some friendly advice, if this is your first Porsche, remember there is a time and a place for spirited driving, you have a young one to take care of. Can't emphasize more on the condition of tires and brakes. Check those out carefully. Don't let the tuners get to you.

Your car has nothing to prove, it's already bad ***!
Have fun and enjoy the forum.
My belated welcome and a nice ride. I just joined 4 weeks ago (and that's when I got my 2005 Boxster as well). Already received tremendous help from the folks on the forum, including an "in-person" assistance with a local chap. Enjoy!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts