Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

Bought a CPO 2013 Boxster about 2 months ago. Have been using it for a nice day commuter and Sunday cruiser mostly, but yesterday I decided to try my first NASA track day at NJ Motorsports Park. I ended up doing the Hyperdrive which consisted of a classroom session and 20 mins. on track with an instructor. I had a really great time. My instructor was great. Helped me find my way and founds ways for us to get some open space on track to get some decent speed. Will definitely be sign up for another event before the season ends. Here are a couple of photos taken by my lovely wife who agreed to come along for the day.

TJ

·
Registered
475 Posts
Looks like fun! Congrats.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The other option to consider is an SCCA Track Night in America event (Track Night in America). Now that you've had a good first experience, this lets you get out on the track at a pace you're comfortable with and get to know your Boxster even better. It looks like they have their next event at your track on August 12. Send me a PM and I can provide a discount code for your registration. This will give you an idea of what to expect....

·
Registered
466 Posts
Join PCA and go to one of their regions HPDE's they run. Schattenbaum is at NJMP fairly often. The other regions do VIR, Summit Point, WGI, Lime Rock, Mosport, Tremblant, etc. Check out motorsportsreg.com or clubregistration.net. As has been said, it's a slippery slope.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Nice video. PCA has their next HPDE there on September 26-27. You get four 25 minute sessions with instruction each day, a class for your level of driving, and lunch with the guys. Two days in a row. Lots of fun with predominately Porsche drivers. PCA members $325 otherwise $350.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts