Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I waxed my CS for the first time. Nothing like applying fresh carnuba to the virgin Carrera White. Actually, I did this in three steps. Within 24 hours of buying the car, I applied Wheel Wax, then the last time I washed it, I waxed the door jams. hood and hatch jams. I wash using the two bucket system, and since we have very hard water I installed a couple of filters. I used P21S and was happy with the results. Dang, it's really hard to see the dry wax or anything on a white car.

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
"Carrara White", not "Carrera White"

·
Registered
358 Posts
FWIW I decided not to use carnuba wax on my Carrara White CS, opting instead to try Klass AIO + 2 coats of the Klasse Sealant. I really love the wet look it leaves behind and the products are relatively easy to apply and remove (even so yea, it requires going over the car in the sunshine to see the remaining sealant on a white car).

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Looks great!

I see you have a bottle of P21s PEC (Paint enhancing cleanser), their version of a hand polish.

What is your impression of this product?

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great!

I see you have a bottle of P21s PEC (Paint enhancing cleanser), their version of a hand polish.

Seems to work better on black and red, on white I couldn't really see much difference.
I like xdamage's idea and may give it a try in the future.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Kirkemon...nice car and obviously a very thorough job!

I have also elected not to use a wax on my CS with the exception of the wheels. I use a paint sealant and have been pleased with the results. I would be interested in the pros and cons of this versus the use of a wax.

·
Hurricane Region PCA Historian
929 Posts
I see you have a bottle of P21s PEC

I'm a big fan of the PEC. Very easy to use and leaves a very smooth finish, IMHO. It's also great at getting R-compound off the car after the track.

·
Registered
180 Posts
They clean up nice don't they.

I gave my new Meteor Gray a good washing with Dawn and applied two layers of Zaino Z2. Wow.

BTW, I find this is an easy car to wash and wax.

(Rubbing those smooth little hips is borderline erotic. Can I say that here?)

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Yesterday I waxed my CS for the first time. Nothing like applying fresh carnuba to the virgin Carrera White. Actually, I did this in three steps. Within 24 hours of buying the car, I applied Wheel Wax, then the last time I washed it, I waxed the door jams. hood and hatch jams. I wash using the two bucket system, and since we have very hard water I installed a couple of filters. I used P21S and was happy with the results. Dang, it's really hard to see the dry wax or anything on a white car.
Kirk,
You do nice work I'm bring my car over to your house.:cheers:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kirk,
You do nice work I'm bring my car over to your house.:cheers:
Tom, you'll have to take a number, the wife says her car is next!

"andover

Not understanding the blue "painter's tape."

First time I've used it. Takes a little effort but less effort then removing wax from the rubber.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts