Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Hopefully you aren't all sick of me asking random race seat related questions! Long story short, have a 981 CS, thinking about seats/harnesses/rollbar install. My car will definitely throw ABS lights once I install fixed back/non-factory seats. What are the other ppl that have street legal cars and race seats doing to get around this? Car is registered in NY state.

Cheers all

·
Registered
867 Posts
I doubt it will throw an ABS failure but will throw an airbag failure. No real way around this. In PA, this is not a safety inspection issue. I ran race seats for many years with no issues during inspection.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey all,
Hopefully you aren't all sick of me asking random race seat related questions! Long story short, have a 981 CS, thinking about seats/harnesses/rollbar install. My car will definitely throw ABS lights once I install fixed back/non-factory seats. What are the other ppl that have street legal cars and race seats doing to get around this? Car is registered in NY state.

Cheers all
You will likely find that the airbag light will go on. On my 987.1, I turn off the airbag light using a Durametric. There are articles on Planet-9 describing how to do this.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I am fairly certain that the airbag light will go on. I guess what I really am asking is, will New York fail inspection of that light is on?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.