Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2007 Cayman S, and like an idiot, I accidentally dropped a key while putting stuff in on the passenger side, and it hit the door sill. The impact left a very small nick, perhaps 1.5mm long and looks less than 1mm wide (oval shaped). Yes, I know that is very tiny, but amazingly, this 2007 car I got yesterday, IS in perfect shape with zero defects anywhere (due to 7500 miles and plastic bra), so it really irks me, that it was ME, to first put a mark on it. It feels like the edge of the nick is raised with a deeper center. Any way to make this look less noticeable. It just really bugs me it is there...a reminder of my own clumsiness. The paint is Meteor Gray. This car is my baby and nothing is too good for it.

Thanks.

- Phil

·
Registered
519 Posts
Cut a cardboard matchstick to a point and use it to put just a small amount of paint in the scratch to level it. Ten or fifteen minutes later, go over it with a mild compound or polish to level any edges or high spots. The good thing is; your car is no longer a virgin. It's always the first scratch that hurts the most! Drive it and enjoy it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts