Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lurking for a while, and I finally pulled the trigger on a Cayman S. This Forum was a great resource, and really gave me the confidence to buy smart.

Anyway, I was looking into floor mats, and wondered if there is a difference in the foot wells between a Bose car and a non-Bose car.

I ask because on WeatherTech's page, if you configure for a 2014 Cayman, and select "Floor Mats: All Weather" it asks if you have Bose, and will not let you select "yes". It is as if they only have them for non-Bose cars. I can't imagine there's a difference, but thought I'd ask.

As an aside, if you go to the "digital fit floor liner" section, they don't even ask about the stereo option, so I think I am safe, but again, just wondered if anyone knew.

Thanks in advance,
-bob

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hello Bob, and welcome. Congrats on the Cayman S. I've never seen anything regarding Bose/Non-Bose for floor mats. I would suggest that you check out the mats available at the Sun Coast Porsche parts site. They have a black rubber mat set with PORSCHE script for about $78 that I highly recommend. I put these in my Boxster and love them. They protect as well as the Weather Tech mats, and they are much more attractive.

Cheers!

Chuck

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I don't think there's any difference. There was on the previous models. Just call them and they'll get you the right ones. :)

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
... I would suggest that you check out the mats available at the Sun Coast Porsche parts site. They have a black rubber mat set with PORSCHE script for about $78 that I highly recommend. I put these in my Boxster and love them. They protect as well as the Weather Tech mats, and they are much more attractive...
Agree. The Suncoast mats look good. I have black ones in my 06 CS, they make a good contrast with the luxor beige interior, and are easy to clean, matt black, good quality. I'm hoping to transfer them to the CGTS , if they (sort of) fit...

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
The WeatherTech FloorLiner provides more protection, and covers the sides of the carpet as well as the floor area. I've used their products before, and they do fit perfectly and hold up well.

With my Pebble/Agate Grey interior, the carpets get soiled easily. When the spring driving season gets here again, I'll have a set of these in my car.

Reactions: Cayman2016

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Yeah... I've got a set of the floor liners for mine. Of course, I'm currently missing the carpet to protect with them... :D

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Yeah... I've got a set of the floor liners for mine. Of course, I'm currently missing the carpet to protect with them... :D
You can put them on your recliner and pretend you're driving the car.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
You can put them on your recliner and pretend you're driving the car.
Can't anymore. My wife was getting annoyed at me making really loud VROOM VROOM noises. :( I told her to just hit the PSE button but she left in a huff.

Um dont think bose has anything to do with floor mats...
It does on the older cars as there's a speaker by the floor that changes the shape of the floor pan where the mats would go. It does not matter on the 981.

Reactions: alfaporsche

·
Registered
222 Posts
After putting coco mats from cocomat.com in mine, I would never go back to carpet, rubber or plastic. They shake out easily and look more classic.
Larry

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hello Isbrodsky.......also been thinking about the cocomats for my boxster. Can you post pictures? How is fit? Do they use the pegs? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
McNeil floor liners (as opposed to mats) save sooooo much vacuuming hassle with all the dirt that would otherwise fall off particularly the outside edges of regular mats. I find them definitely worth the extra money.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts